Starpoint Gemini - Trailer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Rock, Paper, Shotgun points out a gameplay trailer for Starpoint Gemini, described on their website as a "space action strategy RPG". Watch it here at RPS or head to the official site and click on Movies. Here's the feature set in the meantime:

• Free-roaming space waiting to be explored.
  • Vast and interesting Gemini star system, divided into more than fifty large sectors connected via entrances into hyperspace torrents, called T-Gates.
  • Numerous space stations, asteroid mining bases, asteroid fields filled with ore to be mined, randomly appearing anomalies, random encounters with hostile pirates or vessels in distress, trade convoys, military patrols, nebulas and much more are all there to create a deep and immersive experience of a living star system.
  • Deep and intriguing storyline filled with schemes and twists, drives the player further into the main plot.
  • Numerous scripted side missions offer a brake from the main plot and give more insight into the setting of Starpoint Gemini.
  • More than 300 Freelance missions can be found and taken on stations through Freelance commission.
  • Intuitive and user-friendly interface.
  • Diverse skill system offers more than 30 upgradeable vessel maneuvers.
  • Increasing your rank leads to more options including the ability to purchase larger ship classes.
  • Choose from many different perks to gain additional passive bonuses.
  • Ships have special built in abilities, which makes even smaller ship classes very useful in fleet battles.
  • Upgrade your ships with more than 300 ship systems ranging from weapons and energy shields to power cores and thrusters.
  • Enlist additional experienced personnel for your ships to gain skill bonuses.
  • Random global events will influence almost all aspects of the game world (like chance for pirate encounters or commodity prices). '
  • A comprehensive "Captain's Log" will enable you to keep track of ongoing missions and events.

More information.

The old Starfleet Command games were pretty fun and I can only imagine that adding some more rpg elements would make it better! Yes, my brain is feeble like that ;-)

Free roaming - vast and 300 side missions ? i mean only ?
I am more of an X/freelancer/elite/WC gamer so this kind of controls are not among my favourites but it looks very interesting they could do with a bit less colour i suppose .

Looks interesting. Space sims are my second love (and even more rare then RPGs) so I'm quite intrigued. Graphics are very much circa 2000 but good enough for me.

Looking great to me, random elements and however the builds/perks play out should keep things lively. There's a 2nd, earlier, trailer also on their site.

Like quite a few others, I'm still in the mood for Freelancer 2 or something similar. This doesn't look like it's going to be that kind of game, so probably not something for me.

It has possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom