Dark Souls - Screens, Box Contents

I have to say I'm a little surprised by all the stuff you get with the boxed version. I was expecting the typical DVD in a paper sleeve and a one page insert. I was planning on getting this game during a future Steam sale, but now I'm actually considering the retail version.

IGN seems to be suggesting that this special edition is exculsive to Europe and Australia/NZ, and that it's going to be digital-only in the US.

"Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition for PC will be available on August 24 in North America for download through Steam and Games for Windows. Special retail versions of the Prepare to Die Edition will be available in Europe and Australia on August 24 for the PC version, and later this winter for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3."

Can't wait to hear reactions of PC snobs trying to play this with M&K.

Yes if you want to play with a m&k then you must be a pc snob. Typical console attitude, if you don't love consoles you must be a pc elitist. So tired of that bs.

That is how you make Boxed copy. Nice art,im all on over the retail version and will have a controller ready and waiting.

Yes if you want to play with a m&k then you must be a pc snob. Typical console attitude, if you don't love consoles you must be a pc elitist. So tired of that bs.

Ignore him I always do. For the record I love my M+K but have no problem if I use a controller. Guess I'm still a pc elitist right?

"Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition for PC will be available on August 24 in North America for download through Steam and Games for Windows. Special retail versions of the Prepare to Die Edition will be available in Europe and Australia on August 24 for the PC version, and later this winter for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Typical the US doesn't get a boxed copy only a digital release. And yes I know people prefer digital releases but I'm tired of eating my bandwidth cap on large games.

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm going to buy a controller after all these years but.... I'm going to do it just for this game. I just have to.

Typical the US doesn't get a boxed copy only a digital release. And yes I know people prefer digital releases but I'm tired of eating my bandwidth cap on large games.

In my opinion this is the result of the recent trends in game-buying. People don't say "no" against things like Steam etc. … I fear that this trend might already be settled. Think of "OnLive".

I do believe, though, that it might be possible to import it as well.

And … Yes, I tend to belie ve that this is a very, *very* clear sign of how different the markets actually are …

I bet that there is almost no German customer of LucasArts' downloadable-only adventure game of "Lucidity". Although it could be filed as an "adventure" game.

Germans tend to be rather conservative in terms of gaming - and american developers & publishers fail to see that. At least this is my very personal, subjective impression.
But on the other hand I might be biased, too.

I can't believe I'm going to buy a controller after all these years but…. I'm going to do it just for this game. I just have to.

Logitech is the best way to go, imo. Check out their new F310 gamepad. It's designed for games like Dark Souls.

I can't believe I'm going to buy a controller after all these years but…. I'm going to do it just for this game. I just have to.
It's worth it, trust me. I was mostly a PC mouse and keyboard gamer until last December when I got a PS3, mainly to play Demon's / Dark Souls (and for the Blu-Ray). At first I was skeptical about the controller but it works quite well for the Souls games and you adjust to it.

Sounds like the Prepare to Die Edition will be the same a the Xbox Collector's Edition.

Back
Top Bottom