Fallout: New Vegas - Project Brazil Prequel Mod

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Project Brazil is a "near Total Conversion" mod that serves as a prequel to the story of New Vegas. A surprisingly good intro trailer has been released and the first installment is due for release this month:

This is a near Total Conversion for Fallout: New Vegas. Fallout: Project Brazil adds an all new story around a new player character, an adopted resident of Vault 18, embarking on a quest to a hidden complex in the ruins of Los Angeles. Along the way you'll discover a pitched battle between the Survivalist Army, the New California Republic, and The Super Mutants, which shapes the politics and events leading to the NCR's invasion of the Mojave. The story takes place in 2260 - many years before the "Courier" awakes in New Vegas, while the Enclave struggles to rise again on the West Coast.
The Mod branches off from New Vegas right from the New Game menu. The game will be released in chapters, with the first release containing 3 parts. The full campaign will contain 16 Main Quests and several side stories, all related to the player's journey through Vault 18 and the wasteland of San Bernardino. Their choices at each stage will shape the next, creating 2 plathroughs worth of unique content.
The mod's first installment should be released in January.
Fallout: Project Brazil requires no DLC or additional downloads.
Just Fallout:NV, right out of the box.
The story features:
An Alternate Start in Vault 18 with a new Childhood Story and Escape
A very large worldspace in California - Black Bear Mountain National Forest
An epic battle between The Super Mutants, The Survivalists, and The New California Republic
A small Wasteland by the Ocean in Santa Monica, California
A Pirate Radio Station
Giant Robot Armies
Epic Battles
Inter-Dimensional Travel
Hacking
Zombies
And A Ruined Underground City called "Project Brazil!"
[This mod has nothing to do with the country of Brazil. No, seriously, it's not The Country of Brazil. I swear. Project Brazil is a working title. The artistic form and story themes are heavily influenced by the Monty Python veteran Terry Gilliam, the classic 1985 film "Brazil."]
Spotted at PC Gamer.

More information.

Looks like it might be fun, and I'm sure a lot of work went into this, but I usually prefer quest mods that expand upon with the vanilla game world, rather than replacing it entirely.

Well, I doubt I'll be reinstalling New Vegas any time soon but the trailer does look well done. Not professional, but a hell of a lot better than most the user made stuff. I may give it a look sometime. Glad to see it's someplace besides Nexus.

Ah, it's the *vision* somewhat of Fallout 2 that is being honoured in "Project Brazil" - the progression game that many wanted but never came, we got the 'new' Fallout 3 instead (Oblivion with guns) which many traditionalists hated for its 'diversion' from the purists path but it has taken up until 'New Vegas' to achieve the dream - but really, lets be honest, even with all good intention "capturing at least a hint" will never fill that much loved series progression void.

Good luck to Project Brazil.

Inter-dimensional travel? One of these things does not belong… :)

Yep, this had me shaking my head too ;) They'll need to explain this before I'll consider downloading.

Looks great to me - always like to see what players can do. I am not sure if this is relevant but I saw this quote which may answer the inter-dimensional travel … which doesn't bother me all that much considering some of the other technology loop-holes of Fallout in general.

That's it, when the player fractures the Modulating-field Gate, it sends the player to a random place in Brazil for five minutes, before whisking them off to LA. For reference, the Gateway is linked to the stealth-boy technology and is used to transport between locations. But, because Fallout is always more than it appears, the field has shit living in it, and consequences of its use involve the backstory of the broken 1950s timeline, and presents hints at a 1980s one.

Back
Top Bottom