Alpha Protocol - Preview, Movie

Dhruin

SasqWatch
According to this preview at PS3 Attitude, you'll need three play-throughs and around 100 hours to see all that Alpha Protocol has to offer:
There are also several factions within the game and a range of different people you can align with to ensure your experience of Alpha Protocol is different from other people. You won’t be able to complete every single mission in one play-through (which will take you around 30 hours), so if you want to play everything you are going to need around 100 hours of spare time.
Obsidian has also kicked up a GamesCom Community Interview, featuring Associate Producer Alvin Nelson answering questions and soem snippets of new footage:

More information.

And it comes out the day after Risen. Why do the devs hate us so??

Let's see... the whole Gothic 3 thing still has me afraid of anyone having anything to do with it, so I'm thinking go with AP first and let some patches come out for Risen. But putting the modern setting of AP between Risen and Dragon Age fantasy sounds like a good idea, too.

so I'm thinking go with AP first and let some patches come out for Risen. But putting the modern setting of AP between Risen and Dragon Age fantasy sounds like a good idea, too.

I'm definitely looking forward to playing Alpha Protocol, but nothing (and I do mean *nothing*) would make me put off playing Risen as soon as it's released.

Why does the dialogue options have only like one word in each?

Yeah, I'm exactly the same.

Me too.

Actually I'm not much interested in any other cRPG to be released this year. I'm just going to buy Alpha Protocol and Dragon Age if I won't have anything to play at the time.

Strangely, I'm not. I'm still not done with G3, and have no real appetite for more in the same idiom. I'll probably leave Risen for now; I'm most interested in Alpha Protocol, Venetica, and Dragon Age.

If they really do come out that close, I'll take a few days off from work, as I'd simply be a zombie at work. A week should do. Think I'll start with Risen, then AP, and then replay whichever has the highest replayvalue. With all the good titles coming out, I feel like a child waiting for Christmas right now..

I'm going to try the opposite -- stick to my daily routine no matter what, and only use the time I'd be wasting on other things for gaming. That's still easily 2-3 hours a day, which ought to be plenty.

I've really cut back on gaming the last few months... rarely more than an hour a day, and quite often much less. I plan on setting aside some extra time for Risen though.

I might even have to pull a few all-nighters if it lives up to expectations. :)

Since I am just waiting for the next Div 2 patch, my take is:

I tend to not buy ANY game on release date in future...

AP is being shown at GamesCom? Missed it.
Have to check it out tomorrow.

Oh bother, the skill progression trees look like the one from Mass Effect. Not grainy enough. :| 15 upgrade levels for one skill? Please, someone, go back and take a long look at Deus Ex and VtM: Bloodlines to see how skills and attributes were done there.

That said, from all those games that are coming out, I'm thinking of playing this one first, as I'm sort of ready for a change of scenery. I've been around in too many High Fantasy games lately.

I'm definitely looking forward to playing Alpha Protocol, but nothing (and I do mean *nothing*) would make me put off playing Risen as soon as it's released.

Gothic 3 puts me off from EVER playing anything new Gothic-related until 4-6 months after release. If then. >:O

Back
Top Bottom