DA:O Downloaded content doesnt download?

Dragon Age: Origins

zakhal

SasqWatch
I have everything registered into the bioware social link including the game and it shows there but when I start the game I dont get any content.

I used these instructions:
http://na.llnet.bioware.cdn.ea.com/...loads/walkthrough/redeem/DA_DLC_PC_redeem.pdf

This is the part where the instructions stopped working:

After successfully redeeming the code, return to
the Downloadable Content menu in the game.
The DLC item will automatically begin to
download. Once it has completed downloading
and installing the content, the DLC item will
move to the Installed Content tab. Click the
‘Installed Content’ tab to review all DLC you
currently have installed on this machine.
Ensure the content you just downloaded is set
to Enabled.

I have tried everything from starting the game over to switching routers and internet connections yet it doesnt download anything.

It is a common problem. You can find several solutions in the thread "DLC not showing up? Possible Fix" in the Dragon Age formum here.

This is what I did:
1. Ensure that the Dragon Age Content updater service is running.
2. Run Dragon Age as administrator.

Last edited:
I met with a trader along the way who told me about him. He them marked the location on my map.

I think it was just after Loth (I always want to call it Lolth!) that the location opens up. It's way off on the west side of the map. When you go there, there's just the guy with the rod that starts you on your quest.

The merchant at my camp might have mentioned him in his rumors, too, though I'm not sure about that.

P.S. You shouldn't need to play Dragon Age as an admin. You might need to be an admin to get the service started, though. Since I plan to play this game for quite awhile, I just started the services window as admin then set the service to autostart.

I think it was just after Loth (I always want to call it Lolth!) that the location opens up. It's way off on the west side of the map. When you go there, there's just the guy with the rod that starts you on your quest.

The merchant at my camp might have mentioned him in his rumors, too, though I'm not sure about that.

Mmmm I'm starting to get a bit worried, I'm 30 hours into DA, and I haven't seen any indication of that quest. I hope my game isn't bugged.

Yes. The quest-giver is in Sulcher's Pass.

I had a problem with the Stone Prisoner quest. It never triggered. I've seen several people with the same problem. I had to re-install the game and the DLC to finally get it working.

It's well worth it though, Shale is amazing.

I am still not sure about this DLC thing. I downloaded Shale with the free code included, but the homepage says it can be used only once.
Does this mean if I have to reinstall the game for any reason (Win meltdown, new machine etc.) I cannot download him again?
Thinking about purchasing Warden's Keep, but I would like to know this first.
:embarrassed:

The DLC is tied your bioware social/ea account, so you can be on a different cpu or buy a new one and as long as you log into the same account, your DLC will remain.

To the OP: for any future problems you could always manually install install it, I forgot the exact thread on the dragon age forums, but it lists all the DLC and where you can download them.

I'm enjoying DA, but the DLC is another matter….

Wardens keep worked, but felt really cheated about it.

Shale, well. I cant play it in my main campaign (not in journal or map, but I have got the rod) and I'm damned if I would throw away 40+ Hours.

In a test run just finishing the mage origin its marked in my journal, premium content.
Probably some quest broke it all and if you read the social forums I'm not the only one.

/C

edit.
manual reinstall did it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom