Two Worlds II - v1.2 Patch

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Two Worlds Vault notes a new v1.2 patch for Two Worlds II. Head over for the file (24Mb) and the full patch notes but TWV says:
The update contains most pressing bugfixes, improves alchemy, spells and interface, and fixes various graphical issues. In addition, multiplayer balancing is improved as well as convenience tweaks (e.g. rarer merchant's VOs) have been introduced.
Note that this should be applied on top of v1.1.
More information.

This is nice but did the developer ever make a press release explaining why all the PC DVD retail box orders for North America were cancelled?

This is nice but did the developer ever make a press release explaining why all the PC DVD retail box orders for North America were cancelled?

Because boxed PC sales in the US are low and publishers get a smaller cut, so they are actively trying to get everyone to switch to digital sales. They won't say it that bluntly but that is the reason.

Get the import from Gogamer if you want a box (or get the Royal Edition from Topware like I did... nice box!).

Well I'm either getting a boxed version or skipping the game. Thanks for the tips.

Because boxed PC sales in the US are low and publishers get a smaller cut, so they are actively trying to get everyone to switch to digital sales. They won't say it that bluntly but that is the reason.

Yes but most companies don't advertise a box copy then at the last moment make it digital. I lack any respect for the publisher. No announcement and no reply's to any emails. Screw them and I hope they face more money and legal troubles in the future. Reality pump should not use them as a future publisher but you know they will.

Well I'm either getting a boxed version or skipping the game. Thanks for the tips

If your interested still despite all the snafus you can buy it off topware/gogame, Amazon is also selling the boxed royal copy from topware on the 25th.

Yes but most companies don't advertise a box copy then at the last moment make it digital. I lack any respect for the publisher. No announcement and no reply's to any emails. Screw them and I hope they face more money and legal troubles in the future. Reality pump should not use them as a future publisher but you know they will.

Oh I agree, I was just saying what their reasoning likely is. One assumes the number of pre-orders had something to do with it as well. The simple fact is the game came out months earlier in a fully compatible version with US computers, so small sales should not be a surprise.

If your interested still despite all the snafus you can buy it off topware/gogame, Amazon is also selling the boxed royal copy from topware on the 25th.

Right, the gogamer copy should suffice for anyone in the US who needs a box. If you want the Royal Edition then amazon or Topware's own site has them for sale. I got my Royal Edition on amazon and Topware shipped it the next day.

Has it been heavily discounted yet? I plan on getting this once it hits the $19.99 US price.

Got mine from GoGamer today :)

Back
Top Bottom