SW: TOR - Dye Modules

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
You read the title right if you ever thought your character needed more colors your in luck. Bioware released a preview video of the dye modules that will be available in the customization update.

More information.

So my character won't have to look REDICULOUS? Honestly, instead of messing with dyes, they should just let you pick whatever color you want for whatever piece you want whenever you want.

P.S. Oh, Lucasarts is still being credited!

So my character won't have to look REDICULOUS? Honestly, instead of messing with dyes, they should just let you pick whatever color you want for whatever piece you want whenever you want.

You have some kind of problem with combat leotard in manly shades of gray?

P.S. Oh, Lucasarts is still being credited!

What? And waste the opportunity to sell you pixelated colors? have you forgotten this is EA?

What? And waste the opportunity to sell you pixelated colors? have you forgotten this is EA?

It's also in LOTRO. And actually I like it. Part of identifying with my character.

pibbur who has a thief all dressed in black.

It's a common enough feature and it's something I find particularly distasteful when it comes to charging people for it.

That said, people pay up - so I guess it's all good.

Since pibbur does it, it's ok.

pibbur who wants to boss the world around

The most recent mmog I've played GW2, dyes are extremely popular and expensive, especially black and white.

The trend goes into more individualization of player characters.
But - this "trend" has imho always been there ("player housing"), only that gaming makers weren't interested in it.

The trend goes into more individualization of player characters.
But - this "trend" has imho always been there ("player housing"), only that gaming makers weren't interested in it.

Player housing, dyes, etc have been in pretty much all MMOs pre-2004.

WoW success, that have none of those features, caused a BIG step back in term of individualization and customization. We are starting to see a come back: Wildstar housing system is crazy, ESO dev said that crafting allow for full customization of gear, EQNext want to be the biggest sandbox ever, etc.

SWTOR team is finally listening to its playerbase (pre-release request might I add), but they are charging money for it at the same time (sort of a turn off I think).

Thank you. I'm not familiar with MMORPGs in general; I only know 2 of them : SWTOR & DDO.

Now, what I *really* want is these features in an offline RPG ...

Back
Top Bottom