Diablo III: ROS - Available for Pre-Order

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Blizzard annouces you can now pre-order Reaper of Souls for it's March 25th release.

KPH1NHH7UT7E1387405514370.jpg

On March 25, the crusade against death itself charges forth with the launch of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls for Windows and Mac. Prepare for the onslaught today by prepurchasing the expansion digitally on Battle.net.

Whether you plan to immediately don the armor of the new Crusader character or take your current hero directly into Act V, Reaper of Souls will bring you updated loot rewards, all-new class skills and abilities, game-changing features like the Mystic and Adventure Mode, and highly replayable content in the form of Bounties and Nephalem Rifts.
More information.

So, if one has never played Diablo III do you think they are to pay $79.98 to be a Crusader in ROS?

Those prices are ridiculous for an expansion and given that the core game itself is pretty bad I really don't get their reasoning here.

Those prices are ridiculous for an expansion and given that the core game itself is pretty bad I really don't get their reasoning here.
Ever since WOW came out I stopped trying to understand how they think. Every interview just makes it worse. They just don't understand a part of gaming demographic anymore.:-/

Last edited:
Clear as mud. Do you get the original game too in the digital standard edition? Or do you need to buy the base game, too? So are they trying to hide that detail by not being clear? $40 for just the expansion seems way out of bed for what you get. $20-25 seems more appropriate.

Last edited:
Clear as mud. Do you get the original game too

If the original game is included then the price would make more sense. But it still wouldn't make sense for people who already have the original game. So I think those are the prices just for the expansion.

The other day my wife was taunting me by getting all dressed up and then started teasing me about the sex I wasn't going to have. I told her she was full of herself thinking that she's so hot and assuming I'd care. The thing is, I think she is hot and I did care.

Blizzard rolls this out after the total let-down of the core game with super high prices for an expansion as if it's such a great game I'm going to drool until I can buy it. But unlike the feigned "un-interest" with my wife, I gotta say I'm sincerely unimpressed on a number of levels and won't be buying this expansion, especially at such a ridiculous price. Wow. Just wow.

The Starcraft 2 expansion was similarly priced, so I don't see much point for surprise.

In small characters at the bottom of the page is this:

This expansion requires a full version of Diablo III and internet connection to play.

Right now, Blizzard might have already broken even with the cost of production simply through pre ordering.
For what they care about incorrect pricing...

good thing I stopped caring about Diablo a long time ago, or I'd probably be pissed at the pricing of this expansion.

Back
Top Bottom