Inquisitor - Forum Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Roland sends in an Inquisitor update from their forums, where someone who preordered back in January asks for a release update (my preorder is so old I can't remember what year it was). Last we heard they were aiming for beta-testing back in March, which of course didn't happen. Now it appears their focus is other games but perhaps the end of the year is the suggestion:
Hello Jean,

thanks for pre-ordering the English version of Inquisitor. Even though we are currently working on other projects (Gyro13 among others), we would like to release the English version of Inquisitor by the end of this year. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
More information.

I seriously doubt it will even come out. It will be one of many CRPGS from overseas that never gets a English releases.

I heard very little about this game but I really like what I see from the screenshots.

Hopefully, it will get released soon enough.

Crap like this makes people a lot less likely to pre-order. Thanks for betraying public trust! There is NO FREAKING WAY an indie should be working on anything else in lieu of finishing a game people have already pre-ordered. Otherwise, an honorable studio should be refunding pre-orders.

It's crap like this that make people say, "I won't buy it unless it's on Steam."

Yeah but I can point out many crpgs that were promised but never got delivered. Some still have websites. This game has slipped its release many times with more excuses and no answers.

I can translate over 100,000 words of french into English in a week. They can translate there game faster to.

Last edited:
Im playing Avernum 6 right now and am really,enjoying it . This inspired me to look into my most anticapated 2D isometric game INQUISITOR. Guys , no joke , i must have sent them 15 emails in the last 3 days saying give us some kind of update. I come to my favorite rpg site with my favorite gamer brothren and i see this. This is complete bullshit, most blatent disregaurd to fans/customers that put cash upfront alot of it i might add for an indie game . Cinemax has alot of nerve ignoring fans . I want my friggin game cinemax . If the game didnt look so good , i would have moved on , but Inquisitor sounds and looks like a isometric dream come true. Especialy since there is a lack there of.

I bet it will get released. It doesn't cost them much to do this on the side, they are just trying to make money on new projects knowing Inquisitor is unlikely to generate much revenue.

Well, I checked. My preorder is from 2009 and the promise was a release in Q1 '10. That means the release will have been delayed by almost 2 years if it makes the end of this year.

I don't mind the delays as such but I do find the lack of proper updates utterly unprofessional. Especially since the translation was (apparently) almost done in November last year.

All that said, I wrote all the money off when I placed the order. I intentionally accepted the potential loss because I was prepared to do that to report on a game we'd followed for a decade.

You should never pre order from the developers own sites.

To work on the game for ten years , why drop the ball now especially when your taking money from customers. With this last update , i have abandon all hope on playing this game on my rig. That is the most disapointing of it all not the 50 bucks.

You don´t say ;).

I do say. The main problem is how some some words translate. You have to substitute words that match to make it sound better in English. Just play some translated Russian games to English to see how not to do it.

If they can say that as an excuse, they must be very brazen. I don't know what they called but this is called "swindling" in my book.

I think they could get respectable sales for this if they priced it aggressively on digital download sites and got some reviews to generate buzz. I just bought Numan, another game of theirs, on the Steam Summer Sale for $2.50 so I could see this getting some impulse buys if the price is right.

I'm interested in getting this game but there is no way in hell I am giving these guys money. If it shows up on Steam one of these days (one of these years?) then I'll probably grab it then. Until then I'm just going to consider it vaporware.

You have to pay to pre order? I have done pre orders before but they only charged me after they send the game or there about.

What am I missing?

The games I've pre-ordered have all required immediate payment.

It's part of the reason I rarely do it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom