The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

They need to make the 10% bonus for no deaths apply individually. It applies to the group because they wanted to encourage grouping and teamwork, but instead the opposite has happened. It has encouraged soloing and selective grouping. That was a sticking point when we first started, actually. There were always some form of arguments going on about the 'penalty' for bringing in newbies. Even on normal.

The real problem is the excessive xp increase on TR, particularly 3+ lives. This means people want to maximize their xp gain per time spent, which makes that 10% and that streak ever more important to them. Given that EDs, on the rare occasion that they work correctly, give far more power than the miniscule TR benefits, I think they could simply eliminate the TR penalty, and that would encourage both much more TRing and more grouping since no one would really be overly worried about XP concerns.

Then they could take out the streaks, if they want, as they would be irrelevant to leveling.

That is true, but I don't see Turbine remove the extra XP needed for TR's. They need to sell XP tomes and potions to make money.

Initially the bonuses to XP was made thinking that regulars would run normal, TR1's hard and TR2's elite. Then the bonuses would compensate for the extra XP needed to get to level 20.

The problem is that ALL types of characters want the elite XP bonus. The end result is that first lifers advance much faster in level than before. The TR1's advance as normals did before and TR2's advance like TR1's did.

People don't like to grind XP so it's natural they want to do quests on elite directly instead of doing normal, hard and elite as they used to.

Regarding the big XP grind needed for TR's at level 18+ (TR1) and 16+ (TR2) I think it can be fixed by changing the XP awarded for high level quests. I think that quests in e. g. Cannith and Shavarath give far too little XP for the time and effort needed to complete them. You get much more XP for easier quests like Lord of Dust chain. It doesn't make sense that the tough quests in Shavarath maybe gives you 10k while you easily get 20k+ from Lords of Dust. Lord of Dust is faster too. The reason is that we can run lords of Dust on elite, but Shavarath is so tough so we have to run on normal.

I think Turbine should let all TR's get the XP cost from TR1 and not use the TR2 cost. Then the XP needed to get to 20 would be manageable.

Short question : where do I find this "Draught Of Night" free item, actually ? I tried o find it yesterday in the DDO shop, but couldn't find it.
Not only because it is translated, but also because I couldn't find it under "seasonal items".

Edit : Please read : A serious note on Sandy perhaps affecting Turbine also : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4746929&postcount=536

Second note : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4746982&postcount=549

And a third, not so serious one ;) : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4747000&postcount=551

Edit : Another free item, didn't know about it :

Ok so until Eladrin's change goes in next month, we've created a coupon for a free loom to help folks who are sitting in the waaaaay too high price reset range with their trees:

10LOD

This coupon is usable 3 times per account, and expires on 11-12-2012.

Source : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4723988&postcount=351

"This is what happens when you forget invisibility" : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=396494

Last edited:
Did Haywire Foundry twice today.

Good runs.

The first one was a fail, because after the self-destruction they went through the ddor too early, me and another one were too slow, door was shut, and the rest wiped at the other side of the door. LOL

Then we retried it, and it went much better (after half reforming the group because 2 had to leave).

Was also very funny because everyone had a very good sense of humour. I like that ! :)

After that, three of us remained, and we decided to do I think it was FRom Beyond The Grave, that Delara's quest which is a bit like Kobold Assault, only with undead ones. My Sorceror hireling did a very good job with that ! :)

One dropped, and the remaining two of us did Mirra's Sleepless Nights.

But before that it dswned upon me that I knew this name ! - And yes, it was the one who was the last one remaining (except me) from the failed Dreams Of Insanity I told about above …

I put him on my friends list. Seemed to be a nice chap.

Edit : Hotfix (for Mabar ?) : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4747334#post4747334
It'll be on Tuesday.

This should not be a surprise, but due to the storm, I'm getting some storm orders in. Not as much, because we've lost a lot of customers, but still. So don't be surprised if I have to cut this Friday short due to work on Saturday.

I most likely have to cut Friday night short too due to making a work related system release this Weekend.

I propose we just run the Desert explorers. Then I can get to bed and you can head for Restless Isles as Dteowner suggested. The weekend after this we can do desert quests.

I'll be away at a conference in 2 weeks time and I'd hate to miss the desert quests; perhaps that could be an alt week. I have no desire to ever run RI again!! Once should be sufficient for anyone. :)

What about Tempest Spine ? (*nudge* *nudge*)

I propose we try shortmanning Tempest Spine on Friday if we get 8-9 guildies showing up. The quest isn't that difficult. Then we could do the desert explorers.

I think Corwin is confusing Restless Isles with Threnal. I don't think I've never been to Restless Isles except by mistake. I have not done quests there.

Only half of us ran Hiding in Plain Sight, so only half of us are eligible to go to Restless Isles at this point.

Corwin might have been to Restless Isles, but the Friday group has never run it unless y'all did it before I started playing.

I wasn't actually planning on running Isles on this life. It was going to be a catch-up area. While there's not a lot of stuff to run at level 12 (level 10 quests), there's quite a bit for level 13. I figure we'll end up taking level 13 much closer to "on time" (as opposed to holding like we did with 12) and holding quite a ways into 14.

So I've been spending a lot of time doing this Mabar Festival stuff. I decided to spend the motes on eternal wand of undead and upgraded it. What a waste of motes! That thing is definitely weaker then my eternal finger fire wand. I'm not sure if its worth upgrading it beyond level 5. Any suggestions on items to get/upgrade from Mabar?

Also are there any spell types that work on all monsters, besides force because those spells are weak compared to my fireballs/fire ray(?). I was thinking of maybe adding some lightning spells but not sure if creatures could save against them, especially blackbone...most annoying creatures next to grey oozes.

All depends on your build, but the "best" spells change as you progress. At the higher levels (which you're starting to scratch), monsters often have fire resistance. I had pretty good luck on Phuury emphasizing negative energy and force. Magic missle, chain missle, and force missle don't do tons of damage, but they cast very quickly, don't use much mana, and nothing that I know of has resistance against them.

Don't know if it's different for sorcs with their limited spell slots, but I figure you want to have two damage types that you emphasize. Since fire gets a little dicey, maybe you replace that with acid. Another one to consider is sonic—kinda like force spells in that there aren't a lot of spells to choose from and they don't do tons of damage, but the stun effect off a simple sonic blast can be surprisingly effective and very few critters have sonic resistance.

Probably better to let Az. JM, and the Old Man weigh in, though. They've got more experience with hocus pocus toons. I was forced to run Phuury as a caster due to overwhelming peer pressure. ;)

I will most likely get the Mabar cloak. Even a low-level version is fine for me. ;)

Fire will hold out as a strong choice until about level 16 or so. When you hit the Vale of Twilight levels, much of what you face starts to be resistant or immune to fire.

Acid is even throughout, and is actually my Wizard's third damage type (along with Fire and Negative, being a PM).

Electric is also fairly strong throughout, until you get to the Demon Web (level 23 area, so no rush) and even then, stays fairly potent against single-targets thanks to Eladar's Electric Surge.

Cold is strong throughout the game. Especially Vale-up.

As a Sorc, I'd advise you to not focus on one element, but at least three damage types. Cold and Electric tend to be two, with Force, Fire, or Acid being a third choice. Common theory is Fire/Acid until Vale time, then switch to Cold/Electric.

I also advise not being a 1 trick pony. Aerii has Epic Hard-viable DCs on her enchantment spells, and I carry Mass Holds and Charms as well as disco ball and Web. Sorcerers have to focus on one school, but they can get viable DCs for DC-based casting in that school. Usually, it's either Necromancy or Enchantment, as they have the most effective collection of spells. I've done both, LRing out of Necro with U14, but find both effective. Mass Charm Monster is very amusing though, especially in a group expecting to kill everything.

Aerii actually uses all 4 basic elements, but no force. The best Force arcane spell, Disintegrate, tends to fail too often post level 20. While Cold and Electric are currently the strongest, this can change with new content, and you never know when a new spell might come in.

The reason for Cold and Electric dominance is due to two level 5 spells, which are basically clones of each other (and the Cleric/FvS spell Divine Punishment). Eladar's Electric Surge and Niac's Biting Cold. These are your best boss-beaters as an arcane. Fire and Acid simply do not have an equivalent.

Cold also has Polar Ray, which I've personally seen break 6,000 points damage on Aerii when she was a Water Savant, and Frost Lance, which is also a strong single-target. Electric is hurt by all it's spells being on a reflex save (lots of evasion critters around in higher levels), but Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning are powerful when they hit. Acid does have Black Dragon Bolt, which for all intents and purposes is an Acid Polar Ray, it just takes a bit of time to do all of the damage.

Against trash, Acid, Fire, and Ice are roughly equal, with Electric a bit behind due to a lack of an AoE DoT like Ice Storm, Firewall, and Acid Rain. I keep all three on my Sorc, with Stoneskin filling in the last slot.

Notice I didn't mention Sonic. That's because there aren't but three Sonic spells for arcanes (Bards have 4), and they're a bit lack-luster compared to the other five main types. Sonic damage is tied in with Electric IIRC, so feel free to experiment if you desire. I really wish there were more Sonic spells, but I think the devs were afraid of it becoming the best type, since very little is resistant to Sonic (I know of nothing actually, but there may be something obscure out there).

If I had to dial back to three types, I'd go Cold, Acid, and Electric. I actually mostly use Cold and Electric, but I keep Firewall and Acid Rain for trash clearing, and BDB for a one-two punch with Polar Ray. This is what I had for a long while, until I decided to bring back Firewall for some extra trash clearing power.

TBH, I rarely use regular AoEs anymore. I still keep several around, but mostly I use the DoTs for trash, along with CC, or on Cairii, simply kill them with Circle and Finger.

Saturday is most likely going to happen, though it's not confirmed. Right now, most of the storm orders are small, but we do have 1 large one, about 4000pcs. GSI wise it's about 3 days worth, but little on the other areas in my department. Since I machine parts for the GSI lines, I'll have to be in. I don't think Sunday will be necessary, not with both shifts in, but there's still time for more orders.

Might not be on Friday. Should have new keyboard then, but modem seems to be flaking out now. New modem supposed to arrive Friday or Monday latest. will post (hopefully) to let y'all know.

I totally agree with everything Az just said about spells for an Arcane. FoD and PWK are great at higher levels, but even those don't work as well as PR at 20+ since one has too many saves and the other a LONG cooldown.

Back
Top Bottom