What games are you playing now?

I'm still playing Might & Magic 8... and let me tell ya... it's really fun. I'm over half way though and I'm loving it. I have to say that it's a much better game than M&M6 (I know that will be an unpopular statement, but for me it's true). The setting is great and the locales are nicely varied. The story runs at a nice pace, and even though it's not the best plot ever... I think it's very interesting and nicely done.

They guys and gals at New World Computing were in complete command of their engine on this 3rd game using it... which allows for some really nice atmosphere and game play.

At this point my favorite M&M game is 7... but 8 is running a tight race right behind it, with 6 bringing up the rear.

If you haven't given 8 a good chance because of what you've read or heard... and you enjoy M&M games... you really should give this game a go. And stick around for at least 15 hours or so before you decide about it. I think you may find that it's quite a fun, well designed game.

MM8 was a good game. I despised recruiting my party as I went rather than building them from the beginning, but other than that, I got a lot of fun hours out of it.

While having a Dragon as a party member was fun, it did make the game a trifle too easy, even for me!! I still enjoyed it though.

Have begun Spellforce.

I'm still playing SoulCalibur III... this game has so many game modes, it's neverending fun :). Apart from that I'm trying to get the Linux version of the Doomsday engine to run.

Going through Mass Effect on second trip as an Adept (Soldier before). I die more often after turned up the difficulty from the normal to Veteran level.

As a Adept (level12-14) it's difficult for me to take the combat charge, so the task fell upon my companions (Garrus and Ashley). However the inferior combat AI became apparent when they often shooting at wall or crate instead of enemy especially the moving ones.

The assignments (side quests) overall are simple, lacking story and repetitious. IMO you could ignore those quests as you won't miss anything important. The crappy quests probably spoiled your mood and for interesting story and plot, just stick to the main missions.

Last edited:
Mass Effect really pushed me back into starwars in a way that I have not felt since SWG ruined my relationship with that universe. Having read half of the 2nd book in the Thrawn Trilogy (Dark Force Rising) and bought the Star Wars RPG Saga Edition, i started to play the ancient Mysteries of the Sith...

Got Mass Effect in the post just yesterday. Gonna finish MotB again (playing as The Dark One this time) before digging into it though.

So what do you guys say? Is it worth getting Mass Effect... I mean, despite Atari's harsh DRM and stuff? I'm thinking about buying it... but I'm not quite sure if I'll like it or not...

Now I am playing NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer and The Bard's Tale (new one).

So what do you guys say? Is it worth getting Mass Effect... I mean, despite Atari's harsh DRM and stuff? I'm thinking about buying it... but I'm not quite sure if I'll like it or not...
I played it 3 hours only and I didn't like it. I mean it's a FPS/RPG game and I don't like that kind of games. I just want to play RPG OR FPS :p But it also has the feeling like a KotOR, and I don't like it too ^^ Well, but if you like KotORs then ME may be good for you. But if you didn't like KotORs - you won't like this game too.

I won't straightly recommend or claim it as an excellent game. But If you liked Kotor you would probably like ME too. It's not really a bad game beside some of my complaints.

While i don't like excessive DRM stuff, i didn't experience problem when installing or running the game on Vista. However the game took almost one minute to start up - probably due to disk checking and stuff.

Well... I just finished Might & Magic 8... and loved it, although it did get a little repetitive at the end... just so many hoards of monsters to kill... still a great game though.

So, I've decided to get off my "replay" bus and play a game I haven't touched yet. I'm going to start NWN2: MotB tonight. I'm looking forward to it since I've heard quite a few good things about it.

still playing BG, everytime i start thinking my party kicks too much ass - we get ours handed to us out of the blue. That's one of the good things about old classics like this, keeps you on your toes!

I just make sure to have Imoen scout ahead a lot of the time ..... ='.'=

I installed Jade Empire just yesterday. I've had the game sitting on my shelf for about a year now and just decided to give it a go while I wait for the DLC for Mass Effect. I played for a few hours this morning and so far I have a very mixed opinion.

The graphics are very bland. Yes I'm aware this was an Xbox game, but it looks like it was an exact port. Couldn't they have spruced it up for PC? The visuals are way below par for a game released in 2007.
In all fairness, I have a feeling that playing Mass Effect beforehand might be making JE look worse than it should in my eyes.

I really dislike the camera in JE, it feels very restrictive to me. No ability to increase\decrease the distance, and very limited as far as up\down goes. It would have been nice to be able to pan out a bit... or zoom in closer.

The controls are poor for a modern PC game and feel very consolish to me. Why am I forced to map all the fighting styles to hotkeys? I realize that this is what most people would probably do anyways, but I would have liked the option to scroll through them using just 2 keys or the mouse wheel. In fact, evidently nothing can be mapped to the mouse wheel in this game.

I really like the music, in fact I'd say it's the strongest point of the game for me so far. It fits the setting perfectly and really adds to the atmosphere. The soundfx and voice-overs are really good as well imo.

I haven't made up my mind about the story yet, of course I'm only a few hours into the game at this point. So far it all seems somewhat cliche... student with a mysterious past, assassins searching for something that will no doubt be connected to the main character, etc.

Oh well.... back to Master Li's training.

I installed Jade Empire just yesterday. I've had the game sitting on my shelf for about a year now and just decided to give it a go while I wait for the DLC for Mass Effect. I played for a few hours this morning and so far I have a very mixed opinion.

Thats exactly what I was thinking of doing with ME and JE. Im too waiting DLC for mass effect and have Jade Empire on the shelf for atleast a year. I was allready reading the mass effect prequel novel when I noticed the DLC might not come for quite some time. JE was in my mind too as a replacement but then I went with wasteland instead (had to have somthing with guns):

http://www.mobygames.com/game/wasteland
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/436/Wasteland.html

I have finished both fallouts multiple times allready but have never tried this first "fallout" game that started the whole genre. After that I have only the fall gaia (reloaded with english patch) and bortherhood of steel to finish before fallout3.

The first thing Im gonna do is a proper character generation. Im estimating the whole process - studying the system and all might take a hour or two. Considering this game is no cakewalk and I plan a playthrough I need to be well prepared.

Last edited:
The graphics aren't technically anything special, but I really liked the art direction -- lush, colorful, atmospheric, and very kung-fu. I didn't have any trouble learning the controls either, although I've never owned a console.

FWIW, I don't really care about the technical quality of graphics if the art direction is good enough that it makes the most of it. I've replayed Deus Ex many times, and I still think Hong Kong is one of the coolest and best-looking levels anywhere -- even though it's almost laughably primitive by modern standards of texture resolutions, facial animations, and poly counts.

Finally got started with Mask of the Betrayer. It's now the only game from BlackIsle/Bioware/Troika/Obsidian which I have not finished. The reason why I waited up to now is that I did not have time to start on the game sooner.

Still playing BG. Wow this game takes a long time and it still spanks me periodically, it's great to have a game punish me so!

Sammy + Branwen ='.'=

Sammy--I played the demo for Virtual Villagers the other day and thought of you. What a cool little game. Much as I hate the "no cd" option, I may end up buying it one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom