Elder Scrolls V: Skywind - Development Video

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The developers of the Morrowind mod Skywind have released their second Development Video to show the progress of the ambitious mod.

The second episode of Skywind's Developer Diary series. Take an inside look into our most recent progress for the project and learn how YOU can help. For more information about the project, visit us at http://tesrenewal.com/
More information.

A bit weird having all these projects remaking Morrowind on different engines. I sort of feel that all that RPG development expertise could be put to better use. I suppose it does illustrate that the really hard thing to do well is the world design, story, lore etc. rather than the technology, not that that is trivial either.

A bit weird having all these projects remaking Morrowind on different engines. I sort of feel that all that RPG development expertise could be put to better use. I suppose it does illustrate that the really hard thing to do well is the world design, story, lore etc. rather than the technology, not that that is trivial either.

I'm not too fond of voice-acting myself, but these modmakers already getting some experience rewriting and recording dialog is certain to be of value if they were to make a career out of game development.

After all these years I'm still waiting on someone to port the Morrowind dialog system to Oblivion and Skyrim but alas... it seems only I am interested in a wiki-style dialog system instead of the limits of full VO.

Apparently there is mod called Protocolled Dialog for Oblivion that comes close... still waiting for Skyrim though.

I'm not too fond of voice-acting myself, but these modmakers already getting some experience rewriting and recording dialog is certain to be of value if they were to make a career out of game development.

After all these years I'm still waiting on someone to port the Morrowind dialog system to Oblivion and Skyrim but alas… it seems only I am interested in a wiki-style dialog system instead of the limits of full VO.

You're not alone. I prefer no VO for the same reason as you. And for two other reasons: 1) Sometimes subtexts are missing which can be a problem when English is not your (my) primary language, and 2) when they're present I usually click to get to the next line anyway, before they've finished talking (and sometimes even that isn't possible).

But I think the dialog system of Morrowind suffered to some degree from indiscriminately including too many items in the list of subjects, many of them completely relevant.

pibbur who fondly remembers the NAME-JOB-BYE era. And who only wrote this, didn't say it aloud.

The amount of modding effort that is going into Skyrim and the engine is quite impressive. The NexusMods site is just overflowing with Skyrim mods alone: over 33,000 files.

Yeah Skyrim's real success is the modding community, not the game itself. I presume Skywind is years away from final release + a couple patches but I really do want to play it and am excited for it!

Back
Top Bottom