Skyrim - Update 1.8 Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Skyrim v1.8 has been officially released:
Skyrim Update 1.8 (all platforms unless specified)
BUG FIXES
  • General memory and stability improvements
  • Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
  • Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
  • Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly
More information.

It's more like…

Rare bugs fixed? Yes. Those 5 players who experienced them, won't be annoyed again. Although… They've uninstalled the game ages ago…

Common bugs fixed? No. Well… Only one (certain NPC cloning). Others are obviously a tough nut to crack and need more time to investigate and solve. Besides, it would be a bad thing to fix them as it would mean the jugdment day came.

Yay! Wha...wait. Rare bugs? Oh, ok...move along then. I was hoping with their new DLC announcement they would fix important stuff. I still have no desire to return to Skyrim, except with a new character in an entirely new part of the world. I really hope the new DLC is such an announcement

It's more like…

Rare bugs fixed? Yes. Those 5 players who experienced them, won't be annoyed again. Although… They've uninstalled the game ages ago…

Common bugs fixed? No. Well… Only one (certain NPC cloning). Others are obviously a tough nut to crack and need more time to investigate and solve. Besides, it would be a bad thing to fix them as it would mean the jugdment day came.

What other common bugs are there?

The only bug I experienced previously was the Louis Letrush clones, which is fixed by this patch. Now the game seems to be completely bug-free for me

Why is everyone so surprised with every patch released?

They didn't fix every bug in Morrowind, they didn't fix every bug in Oblivian and they won't fix every bug in Skyrim.

That said playing with the unofficial patches I haven't noticed many bugs, but I'm sure many still exist.

Isn't it worth nothing that they are still patching the game at all? I mean, a year later they still patch the game. Can't really say that about many games.

Yeah, good point Melvil. A year later and they are still patching it. A few of those patches even added new features. That's pretty cool.

It is still my fav. game of all time. Still play it every month or so.

Isn't it worth nothing that they are still patching the game at all? I mean, a year later they still patch the game. Can't really say that about many games.

When I first read that I though no way has it been a year. So I went and checked and sure enough I was right, still 7 days to go.:lol:

Just doesn't seem like it was that long ago. Time fly's when your old I guess.

It's funny some of you guys say bethesda doesn't care...yet a year down the road they are still patching. I'm not sure any other current company does that.

Chocula, until they solve the annoying bug where I have an ancient book in my inventory but cannot bring it back and solve that quest, I'm not touching Skyrim again. It's just one and it's not rare as you might think. And those stupid bardic useless items that I can't put away from the inventory? And etc.
And I'm not buying any DLC for Skyrim.

rune, another company fixed bugs soon after the game got released and not still patching for god's sakes. Instead, they're adding new enhancements and free DLC. That's CDprojekt.
Quick bugfixes also happened for DX:HR, they also don't have to continue with patching the game.
And I'm talking about two games that were runner ups for RPG of the year and lost it to bug-o-rama.

So you're correct, no other current company does what Bethesda does - current companies do it better.

Chocula, until they solve the annoying bug where I have an ancient book in my inventory but cannot bring it back and solve that quest, I'm not touching Skyrim again. It's just one and it's not rare as you might think. And those stupid bardic useless items that I can't put away from the inventory? And etc.

Wow, you're not playing it at all because of that? That seems to me like you have kind of a short fuse.

That seems to me like you have kind of a short fuse.
Yea, a year of waiting is definetly a SHORT fuse.

It's just another pointless grinder, right Joxer? ;)
LOL No. If only it was. I wouldn't be so annoyed with it's unfixed bugs as I wouldn't care.
Just as I don't care what went wrong with Homefront:
http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/1/3560318/homefront-kaos-studios-thq

Studio38? I already forgot what was that about. Is it a kind of food?

As long as joxer is happy with his decision not to play, then I'm okay with it. Skyrim was one of the most enjoyable experiences I've ever had on a computer. I'm very grateful for the game and my only wish would be for Obsidian to get a chance to make a super-mod ala Nehrim or FNV with Skyrim's engine. However, they're kinda busy with their own stuff now, so you can't have everything.

One of the best things about Bethesda games is the legion of modders that continue to evolve the game after release. Skyrim was great, but I can only imagine how fun my next playthrough will be with the hundreds of mods that will be available. If anyone has a favorite companion mod that they run or mods that add creatures, please list the faves here :D

I'm replaying Skyrim after my run through FNV gets done. I'm playing FNV with the Willow companion and she's a hoot. The great thing about Willow is that she's voice acted by the female developer that made the mod and the lady has a great sense of humor. Wait till you hear Willow sing:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/41779

rune, another company fixed bugs soon after the game got released and not still patching for god's sakes. Instead, they're adding new enhancements and free DLC. That's CDprojekt.
Quick bugfixes also happened for DX:HR, they also don't have to continue with patching the game.
And I'm talking about two games that were runner ups for RPG of the year and lost it to bug-o-rama.

So you're correct, no other current company does what Bethesda does - current companies do it better.

I don't know man, Skyrim to me is better then the two games you mentioned, they were good as well, but skyrim was better.

Back
Top Bottom