Gothic 3 - Review @ RewiredMind

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A review at RewiredMind has slammed Gothic 3, saying "There are not enough patches in PC gaming history to sort this one out". The score is 2/10 and here's an early snip:
The story continues with the series’ unnamed hero, who returns to the mainland from the island of Khorinis to discover that orcs have slaughtered and enslaved the population. Not originality at its best. This ‘plot’ is spun for the entirety of the game, filled and padded by an immense amount of tedious side quests such as ‘collect this item’ or ‘kill that orc’. This is not helped along at all by the very wooden voice acting and stale character animations, not to mention the fact that every orc looks identical and even the human models are not particularly varied. Gothic III is an orthodox RPG but a very abysmal and repetitive one. Cliché is not strong enough a word. The recent release of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion puts Gothic III to absolute shame; since the former is by far the superior of the two and much more worthy of both your time and money. This is not simply down to the multitude of bugs Gothic III is plagued with, as it would still be a very poor game even when running at its full potential.
It might be worth noting some of the problems mentioned were fixed with the zero day patch.

More information.

The secret to this game is to play it without reading too many reviews. I have only played for 10 hours and plan to continue. Consider this the anti review for the above 2 rating. It's definately not a disaster and takes a while to learn. One more patch.

"The recent release of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion puts Gothic III to absolute shame; since the former is by far the superior of the two and much more worthy of both your time and money. This is not simply down to the multitude of bugs Gothic III is plagued with, as it would still be a very poor game even when running at its full potential."

OK this quote pretty much destroyed the credibility of the article. There is no way G3 could be a poor game if all the bugs are ironed out. I certainly hope that by the end of the year we have a patched G3 worthy of what the game designers intended.

Just the score of 2/10 destroys the reviewer's credibility. Do we actually expect a professional reviewer to be this biased and sensitive with his score? I wonder what game he'd rate 1/10. Geez, just go with 5/10 if you don't like it.

I give this review -8/-10.

I doubt this 'reviewer', is a genuine RPG player. I suspect he's a console FPS junkie, who was forced to play G3!! The review has no credibility whatsoever. I wonder how much of the game he actually played!!

The score is so daft that it completely ruins the credibility. Granted it has its faults but 2/10 is just a protest review and shouldnt be taken with any seriousness.

Oh well... there's one born every minute!

Maybe the the score is a tad low but PB haven't done themselves any favors by releasing the game way to early. It seems like they just tried to boot the game and then someone said "Guess it's Gold then...". No doubt it can (and hopefully will) be a great game but I'm done playing until patches makes it what it should have been to begin with.

I don't care about scoring in games, but that review is just lousy. He isn't making points, he's whining.

It's been said a thousand times before: it's pretty hard to plan a game release. You invest loads of money and have to set a release date way before you can be 100% sure that it'll be finished. If they had delayed it any further, it would've been a big financial blow, not to mention breach of contract with a lot of vendors. (At least, I assume it works like this, because they have to negotiate shelf space with the shops, which could otherwise have gone to other games). But it's unfortunate nonetheless.

mmm a lot of bugs and stuff yes, but he never even triedto play G3 or even played one of the others because he woulnd't be talking so much bs if he even gave it a trie and tried to look through the bugs.
go back to playing fps. RPGNOOB

Annoyed!

This guy is an asshole. Arrrgh. I got bored of the O. game within 2 days with it's handholding sh*t and Disney buildings.
I'm now playing G3 for appr. 36 hours, I'm nowhere to finished, and I have to force myself to go to sleep, because...oooh please just check this last place, ooooh what's that over there? Jesus a Troll! Wheeewh, hehh a few boars, at my level they are...uuups. What's that guy over there doing out of town? Oh a new quest! and not just the expected necromancer/bandit trying to kill me.
F*ck can't find this place they were talking about
..after half an hour searching...
I found it I found it! I'm so cool. :D And no bloody GPS.
I love this game.

He probably died several times in the first fight, because he was mindlessly clicking away and became so frustrated that he copy-pasted all the bad things other reviewers had said before him into a "review".

Or he's a big shareholder of Bethesda and doesn't want to see his shares losing value.

The recent release of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion puts Gothic III to absolute shame; since the former is by far the superior of the two and much more worthy of both your time and money.
Does he expect us to take him seriously?

The story continues with the series’ unnamed hero, who returns to the mainland from the island of Khorinis to discover that orcs have slaughtered and enslaved the population. Not originality at its best.
Can he name one rpg where the war had already been won (by the bad guys) when you arrive? Besides Asterix and Obelix, that is.

Back
Top Bottom