DA:O Dragon Age: Silliness

Dragon Age: Origins
What's the Superman thing? Myself I played first Awakening with a character imported from DAO, a 2H fighter, Berserk and Blood. And for a Nightmare difficulty it wasn't a Nightmare difficulty from far. But Nightmare difficulty was liek a good Normal difficulty for me. Well apart in the last fight and the big dragon fight.

When I tried replayed, this time with a new character, a mage, I end in feeling the game too hard and felt that I was more limited in character class choices (ie spells and specializations chosen) and had perhaps choose a wrong build. It's weird but I gave up and didn't think try lower the difficulty to more standard setup.
I seem to have found that the dual-wielding specialization is pretty overpowered. Which will make the mage thing a more fun challenge, i think. ;)

EDIT2: For mention there's a mod that unlocks all DAO specializations, it can be handy.

Oh cool! I'll try to google it then?

It's an amazing game. Money well spent. I even got into to talking to party members at camp last night. Indoor stuff looks great and the action shots when you pause combat do as well.Dragon Age Origins is a game that, in my opinion, does not actually need many sidequests. The main story alone provides a very long and fulfilling adventure, so the average sidequest would just feel like a poorly designed distraction in comparison.

Some people say - especially those of the church : "Dem Erbauer sei Dank !" Which translates as "Thanks to the builder !".

I don't know how this is in the English-language version of the game, but "Dem Erbauer sei Dank !" is a famous German-language phrase cried out by C-3PO in one of the Star Wars movies.

So, this game sounds all of the time as a kind of reminder to Star Wars to me. ;)

Some people say - especially those of the church : "Dem Erbauer sei Dank !" Which translates as "Thanks to the builder !".

In the english version they say "Thanks the Maker", I can't remember if C-3PO say that in star wars :)

I made this a little while ago:
andersmoti.jpg

Edit:
But this bug really made me chuckle. For those who don't know, he's supposed to be laid flat on his back because he passes out when your character talks to him.

Nice picture ! :)

I have a silly screenshot, too … Can someone please tell me where the screenshots are stored ? Thank you.

@Phonix : I think he says that in "a new hope", when he receives his oil bath on Tatooine … ;)

How do you do that ? Playing the frame and the subtitle to it ?

Anders was one of my favorite characters in the DA series.

Despite Witch Hunt got blasted to oblivion, I have to give the library a mention. The entire library is a gallery of silliness with loads of internal jokes and pop-culture puns.

It's difficult to see, unfortunatly : It's a chimera between dog and … elf, not human. ;)

(By the way, "anders" means "different" in German language. ;) )

Attachments

• The dog-human chimera.jpg
    The dog-human chimera.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 70
Knock yourself out, Alrik:

http://diy.despair.com/

A thoroughly fantastic website if your sense of humour is so inclined. To Dwagginz: It's a demotivator generator ok? ;) (alright, so my glass is half empty!)

Warning: Said activity can be highly addictive. ;)

Also, it struck me that when I played Awakening that Anders actually looked like Alistair done up in pirate gear. As a consequence, I played the game solo for the first half.

Thanks. :)

I'm just waiting for Anders to actually say in German language : "Ich bin ... Anders". Which is perfectly translatable into English as : "I am ... Different". :lol:

It's actual a quite common name in Denmark, alone at my work, there are 3 by that name, my boss one of them :-/

Oh, thanks, I didn't know that.

But as you say it ... I do remember 1-2 singers here in Germany having it as the second name ...

As a side note, Donal Duck's name on danish are Anders And :D

Our former Prime minister, now head of NATO is named Anders Fogh Rasmusen :)

Kingdom Hearts not so much, because I actually don't like Manga/Anime much, I'm sorry.
It's just not "my" drawing style. It's a matter of taste, nothing more.
Without it, I think I'd love to play Kingdom Hearts, though. :)

Back
Top Bottom