Venetica - Finally Approved for Steam Release

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well if anyone here remembers Venetica it's now avaible on Steam thanks to being greenlighted by the community.
Set in the fantastic world of long ago Venice, the young Scarlett falls victim to a terrible mystery, which begins with the murder of her companion by a secretive alliance of mighty necromancers. Thus fate takes its inevitable course and threatens to throw the world out of order.

Scarlett finds out that she is the daughter of death incarnate and is blessed with his ultimate powers. She is the only one who can stop the gruesome powers that threaten to destroy the entire living world.

Now it’s your chance to reverse fate! Get ready for a fast-paced adventure set in an epic world filled with dark dangers and merciless adversaries. Arm yourself with mighty weapons, rally together powerful allies and master the dark powers of death. Can you conquer the powers that threaten to inescapably destroy the world of the living? Follow your path down into the deepest abyss to death itself – and back again, if you are worthy!

Key Features:
  • Experience a visually stunning action RPG with a unique and captivating atmosphere
  • Follow the hero journey of Scarlett through a rich and original story
  • Conquer a host of merciless nightmarish creatures that pounce on the threatened world in a raged frenzy in action-packed battles and ultimately confront their masters
  • Explore palaces, villas and numerous dark alleyways in a living dynamic Venice filled with merchants, rogues, allies and traitors
  • Learn how to use the powers of the “Twilight World” and wander between the worlds of the living and the dead
  • Experience an open game world with dynamic night and day cycles
NOTE: Venetica has been released in some territories on disc already, so the game is completely finished and ready for release on Steam.
More information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong link!

I was enjoying the game until I hit a major choke point boss battle I just couldn't win, so I gave up on it. Pity, I think there's a great game hidden in there.

OK, I can find the Greenlight page, but not any actual availability. I really enjoyed the game when I played it a couple of years ago, and the game doesn't even require the DVD in the drive ... but I would like to support these guys if I can buy purchasing on Steam.

This game was actually pretty fun.

OK, I can find the Greenlight page, but not any actual availability. I really enjoyed the game when I played it a couple of years ago, and the game doesn't even require the DVD in the drive … but I would like to support these guys if I can buy purchasing on Steam.

It will be avaible when Steam gets off there lazy butt, and updates the store page.
As with past batches, these titles will be released independently in the weeks or months ahead, as they complete development and integrate with any of the Steamworks features they are interested in utilizing.

I was enjoying the game until I hit a major choke point boss battle I just couldn't win, so I gave up on it. Pity, I think there's a great game hidden in there.

The boss battles were all relatively easy. It was only a matter of finding the trick.

The boss battles were all relatively easy. It was only a matter of finding the trick.

I too had a problem with some of the boss battles, in particular the first few but I just tuffed it out with those boss battles because I so really really liked this game. Also, If I recall correctly, you get a nice prize after you win a boss battle.

I just finished the game a little over a year ago but I might replay it when it goes below 10 bucks.

Corrwin don't give up on a fun game, just cause you get stuck, read a guide! :biggrin:

I voted for it and will defiantly pick it up, fun and creative game. The voice, acting and writing were really well done. Boss fights were a bit on the consolish style of figure out the weakness. Once you realize, it becomes more of a challenge than a frustration. My only disappointment was the constant respawning. It's an gameplay, world immersive annoyance, on any game I play.

Oh, I wonder if we will be able to use Texmod with Steam, since there are some cute outfits for Venetica?

Nice, I'll get it when it's out (if the price is reasonable).

I find the visual design appalling. Not interested in the rest at this point

Ah yes, Venetica! It looked pretty promising when it was first announced.

Will pick it up when it's cheap. I've got too much of a game backlog to work my way through. I only just finished Witcher 2 a couple of days ago. Yes, I know - I'm a monster :p

Venetica is one of those games you don't expect much from and then you catch yourself enjoy every single bit of it.
It's IMO odd Steam didn't add it in the store without greenlight, but it's never too late.

It will be avaible when Steam gets off there lazy butt, and updates the store page.

Ah, sorry - read 'available on Steam' in the news and assumed I was just doing something wrong :)

Venetica is one of those games you don't expect much from and then you catch yourself enjoy every single bit of it.
It's IMO odd Steam didn't add it in the store without greenlight, but it's never too late.

Unclear to me how the process works ... but I don't think Venetica was all that successful, so there is likely little push from pubs or pull from fans to launch it. In fact, aside from a few hundred of us RPG fans, the only chance I see for any visibility for the game is by it going on a $5 sale. Sad, but true.

If they got through Greenlight, they must have had some community support.

Glad to see it. This is an underrated gem. If you like Risen, Two Worlds or 3rd person action rpgs in general, it is worth checking out.

I played it a couple years ago on the 360 and I had a good time. The game world is a bit too linear and small, but it is full of sidequests and other things to do.

If they got through Greenlight, they must have had some community support.

Not necessarily. Gabe Newell admited at some conference that Greenlight doesn't work as intended. So who knows where they found their votes.

The key publisher behind Venetica, dtp, completely missed the boats with digital distribution, and then some of them were either already gone or too fast to get onboard the classic way. I mean, what do they have to offer? If you have a Dead Island in your portfolio, like DS, it's much easier to get small games onto Steam. Without it the application process is just a gamble with a random result.

Whatever the shortcomings of Greenlight, it does rely on votes of Steam useres in its current implementation, or not? So if they got through, there must have been a good number of people that like the game enough to vote for it. That's all I meant, really, in response to Txa's comment
In fact, aside from a few hundred of us RPG fans, the only chance I see for any visibility for the game is by it going on a $5 sale. Sad, but true.

A few hundred votes won't do it.

Back
Top Bottom