Blackguards - Demo of Chapter 1 For Free

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Daedalic Entertainment has sent a new press release about a new demo of Blackguards

First chapter of upcoming RPG available as a free demo

Hamburg, Germany 21st January 2014– Hamburg based adventurers Daedalic Entertainment today release a free demo for the upcoming turn-based RPG Blackguards. The full game will be available on Friday 24th January for PC and Mac.

The free demo contains the finalised first chapter of Blackguards incorporating new features that have been implemented as a result of the feedback collected throughout The Early Access program. This will include the advanced character creation announced last month. Players will be able to continue saved games started in the demo in the full version of the game.

Blackguards will release on Friday 24th January 2014 for PC and Mac for the RRP of £29.99 for the Standard Edition and £44.99 for the Collector’s Edition.
More information.

Last edited:
These are the kinds of demos that all games should have because just having a tutorial or something completely different from the game is not the way to attract customers.

Steam demo is announced for today. It should be multi-language. So just be patient for a couple of hours guys.

The demo includes full character generation and ca. 10 hours of gameplay.

this is fantastic, just when I wanted it the most!

Thanks!

Really a great move. Demos like this are rare these days.

Gamershell link is downloading pretty fast for me. Looks like it'll take about 15 minuts going to be about a 15 minute download. Now I won't have to try to decipher youtube reviews, anymore :)

Zip file downloaded in 15 minutes, but I've spent nearly an hour trying to get it to extract properly. Now I'm just trying to delete the damn thing. And I'm getting error messages. I'm not sure what the major malfunction is but I think if I can get this off my computer I'll just wait for Steam to host the demo. Assuming whatever the problem is, isn't the demo itself but rather something GamersHell did.

no problems here, 19 min download. extract took about 3 minutes, but game's playing smoothly.

so far it feels good! the characters dialogs are well delivered to make up for the linear map-combat gameplay.

No problems here either, and I also got the demo from GamersHell.

This game looks pretty rough though even on highest settings. It's obvious they didn't have much of a budget to go towards graphics.

Craig, download it again.

JDR suggested torrent, and I also use torrent instead of direct DL link when available because I'm never sure when PC dies if the file went corrupted or not.
It's not needed if you're downloading from Steam, GOG or other services with file integrity check, but in other case, for example when downloading from HumbleBundle I always use torrent.

And will not get the demo. I'll wait for the whole game. :)

The Gamespot review is out - 7/10 and a quite positive article. My gut feeling tells me he wrote the review based on the EA version plus finishing chapter 5. Some of his criticisms are correct for the beta but have been addressed in the final. Especially the tutorial. Good article though, and he obviously spent a lot of time with the game. Main points of criticism: luck needed (Doh! -> dice rolls!) and it's too hardcore.

Oh that is awesome! I can't believe there are still publisher that allow players to test the game before purchasing it. In times of Free2Play-rip-offs Daedalic is offering their whole first chapter completly for free???. Thank you very much Daedalic. Therefore I shared the Download Link on Facebook XD I think alot of my friends will at least download the demo... and get hooked before finishing the first chapter. XD
Again... good job!

Back
Top Bottom