The Witcher 2 - Statement from CDPR

Dhruin

SasqWatch
As with the last one, CD Projekt Red has responded about the recently released leaked Witcher 2 footage:
Unfortunately, I have to confirm that the video which appeared a few days ago on the Internet is indeed a presentation of The Witcher 2. It’s a video of a demonstration of the game during the so-called business days of the IGROMIR game expo in Russia,” said Adam Kiciñski, CEO of CD Projekt RED.
“It was a closed demonstration for business partners, representatives of the biggest trade chains and a handful of chosen journalists – one of many such demonstrations CD Projekt RED has been doing in various countries. Unfortunately, despite a declared ban on filming and photography at all such events, someone managed to shoot a video at IGROMIR. Just like last time, we will not comment on that. Simultaneously, we can assure you that all confirmed information will be revealed soon after the game is officially announced.”
Does this happen as much to other developers?
More information.

This is only the second time I've ever seen something like this happen.

Hey, who can blame CDP? "Leaked" information always draws a lot more attention than, say, a "press release".

I don't know - maybe I'm too cynical.

Igromir would be... Gamepeace? :D
Dunno what will CDP do... But my only problem with this is - I like this Withcher2 leakage thing. And I'll definetly buy that game. So no harm done.
Next vid please! :D

The assumption that this is on purpose is fair but for the video's bad quality. Often "leaked" footage is a bit higher quality; it could be digitally leaked in HD, after all

Igromir would be… Gamepeace? :D

Gameworld

мир = world or peace
(I believe it also used to mean light and society. Makes Tolstoy's title of War and Peace all the more interesting)

Maybe other developers don't do game demonstrations in Russia. Its like going on a Pirate ship and showing off some booty.

Actually TW1 in everything (plus the engine improvements) with a new story would be
a very good scenario. Topped only by TW1 in everything + engine improvements + more
complex branching quests (promised by the new engine PR). But I'll take option one any
day...

Just hoping they don't screw the formula of the first one too much if all else fails...

I just woinder who did it and even more interesting : Why ?
I mean the filming & leaking.

One must have had a goal in mind, otherwise it would have been nothing but wasted effort. Imho.

Well, the first one was a video only for commercial partners, so it's not a leaked in the usual meaning "they stole directly from us". It was more like a confidential trailer which someone tought nice to share with the Tube.

This one… Just look at it. It's clearly filmed by someone who's trying to hide his cam from the speaker, so why can't we believe it can be an actual leak?

Back
Top Bottom