CD Projekt RED - Multiplayer programmer job position [Updated]

Dhruin

SasqWatch
CD Projekt Red has a job opening for an "experienced multiplayer programmer" to work on adding multiplayer to the Red Engine.
Spotted at VG247.
Update: Eurogamer caught up with CDPR, who explained this is "R&D":
The studio's head of marketing, Michal Platkow-Gilewski, told Eurogamer that everything's still at an ideas stage, and this new hire will help them understand what will and won't work going forward.
"As for the job ad: this post should be named Multiplayer/Online Programmer," Platkow-Gilewski told us. "I don't want to comment on what this guy will create, it's way too early.
"We want to bring to the team someone experienced in this field to evaluate our concepts and ideas. He will be one of backbone elements of our R&D.
"We believe that there's still a lot of space for innovation in the RPG genre. At this stage of our games' development, we want to explore all possible directions, check what would be cool, what's feasible and - always the most important for us - what suits our games the best."
More information.

Well you just know every game has to either be A. Online or B. have Multiplayer. We all know single player games cant be successful according to suits.

I'm sure if the Witcher 2 had a mp mode it would of doubled it's sales right? That's a little bit of sarcasm and truth about the industry by the way.;)

Well you just know every game has to either be A. Online or B. have Multiplayer. We all know single player games cant be successful according to suits.

I'm sure if the Witcher 2 had a mp mode it would of doubled it's sales right? That's a little bit of sarcasm and truth about the industry by the way.;)
You're somewhat right. TW 2 could have had an online or multi-player mode, in this case no doubt it would make more money. Unfortunately this is law of game industry: mainstream games are more popular than the rest so they sell more and achieve much more successfulness. This is maybe the only reason why CDPR had said they intend to reduce plot line twists and complexity. ;) By all means it isn't bad. They need to do so, it is inevitable.

Horsepucky, I say. When I see "online required" or multiplayer, it actually deters me from buying at first. I have to see a single campaign to complete a purchase, and I doubt that will ever change for me. I have an online game I already play, not looking for anymore of those.

-Carn

You're somewhat right. TW 2 could have had an online or multi-player mode, in this case no doubt it would make more money. Unfortunately this is law of game industry: mainstream games are more popular than the rest so they sell more and achieve much more successfulness. This is maybe the only reason why CDPR had said they intend to reduce plot line twists and complexity. ;) By all means it isn't bad. They need to do so, it is inevitable.

Source?

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...nk_Making_a_complex_story_more_accessible.php
CDPR had said they are going to deliver their next game with a more comprehensible story and the source is upper. I don't think I've misunderstood the source intention since it is obvious. However I should admit don't support such an action but they are doing so and it is a fact.

It was just a matter of time. This has happened to every studio given time and success. I hate that accessible word.

From that interview I guess the Witcher 2 sold poorly on the XBOX. Gives credibility why multplayer will be added in the future.

Back
Top Bottom