NWN2 Bug - leaving the Phoenix Tail Inn

Neverwinter Nights 2

Danicek

Sentinel
I think I've encountered a bug that is preventing me from going on with the game which is quite frustrating as I feel I'm not that far from the end.

Little spoiler giving background of my situation:
I've solved all I had to in Ammon Jerro’s Haven and I was brought back to Phoenix Tail Inn in Crossroad Keep. I have spoken to the Warlock. There is Sir Nevalle and Khralvern Irlingstar waiting near the door.

When I approach Sir Nevalle in the Phoenix Tail Inn, dialogue triggers in which I'm asked to report to castle Never. Khralvern Irlingstar jumps into that dialogue as well. Once the dialogue ends, I'm still in the Inn and I'm unable to use my left mouse button. My right mouse button works, the left mose button does not. I see the mouse arrow flash when I push it (the little blue dot in the middle of the arrow flashes when a button is pressed), so obviously it is not my mouse.

I'm able to walk around using keyboard. The only other think I've noticed is that when I try to rest, the game crashes to the desktop. This happens only after the dialogue. Before the dialogue, I'm able to rest just fine.

I've tried both - loading older save games and choosing different paths in the dialogue with Sir Nevalle. I've ended up with the same result no matter what I do.

I've searched websites for anyone having similar bug and I haven't found any so there is not much hope you know something about it but anyway, anything you can suggest at all?

Solved...

NWN2 did not have enough room on my system partition. I knew it saved files to Documents folder. But I wasn't expecting it could be able to nearly fill 6.5 GB of free space. Well, I had only 200MB free when I checked and apparently that was the cause of the problem. Some modules that should have unpack at the moment the dialogue with Sir Nevalle ended weren't able to load properly causing the whole thing turn crazy. Once I deleted few old saves everything was fixed.

6.5 GB!!! I wouldn't have expected that either Danicek. I never look at things like that unless they screw up so had no idea it hogged so much space.

I guess it isn't that much if you consider new pcs now have drives with hundreds of gigs or more. I always wondered why..now I know. :)

Yep, it is *HUGE* ... right now I have Jade Empire at 7.4GB and NWN2 at 6.5GB, and Titan Quest plus expansion add up to ~5.5GB ... it is a real pain in the disk!

What frustrates me, is I have set up my C:\ drive as my small one mainly for my OS and key programs. All my games, etc are on my HUGE partition. Forcing the saves to C:\ should be an option, not the only choice!!

What frustrates me, is I have set up my C:\ drive as my small one mainly for my OS and key programs. All my games, etc are on my HUGE partition. Forcing the saves to C:\ should be an option, not the only choice!!

Exactly, seems like I'll have to reconsider this partitioning thing and I'll probably install to one huge partition the next time around.

For now I'm happy I've solved it. I would also expect the game to behave differently when having not enough space to unpack its things. Something like giving error that there is not enough space or at least that the load did not work. And not ending in such a strange state where one has to first decide if it is really a bug or some strange way the plot goes.

Back
Top Bottom