Witcher Fistfighting?!

The Witcher

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Are there any strategies for the fistfighting minigame? Right now I keep getting my ass handed to me. What does what exactly? I mean obviously you left click to punch, but what else can you do?

From memory doesn't right click = block?
You can also unlock combos and better skills in fist fighting through the leveling process but i never found them to be useful.

Best tactic was always to block your opponent's blows, then punch, then block, then punch, then...etc

Are your attributes (Strength, Dexterity, etc.) taken into account?

*Edit* Starting to get the hang of it now. I invested 1 Bronze talent in Brawling, and with a little more practice, I'm now getting some payback. ;)

Last edited:
Strategy, for fistfighting? I won all of my fights like this:

Biff. Biff. Biff. Biff. Biff. Biff. Biff. Biff. Krunch. Thud. Victory dance.

Seriously: watch the animation. Your opponents will telegraph their blows every time. Click as soon as their hit animation starts, and you'll bop them every time. Don't even bother blocking, except if you get hit and thrown off balance; then it helps to regain your footing. The timing gets tighter as your opponents get stronger, but they're never particularly difficult.

You're right, I think I was trying to make it more complicated than it needed to be.

Now if only "The Beast" was that simple....

I really sucked at fistfighting (The wimps were easy, but the bosses would often lick me), until I upgraded it to the point where I could do combos. Then I went back to the Inn, and got my revenge.... :cm:

Oh, and some nice cash too. :w00t:

I thought fistfighting was a fun little minigame, you just have to get the rythmn down and youre all good. Have a beer in rl while youre in the tavern, get yourself in the mood, then kick ass an make some coin!

I didnt like the gambling one tho. Tended to lose my ass on that once after a while so I quit doing it. Wasnt as manly either, so I didnt bother going any further w/ it. Id rather just kick people's asses and take their lunch money lol

Back
Top Bottom