Gothic I - Saving takes 10 seconds

disarm76

Traveler
Hi, I am new here, been watching this site for some time now. It's the best RPG site around!

Anyway, I started playing Gothic I and I like it so far. But when I try to save, after choosing the name of the save and pressing ENTER there's a kind of flash of the gothic logo and it takes like 10 seconds to start the saving animation.

I am running Vista32 home premium. Apart from this and not being able to see the intro, the game runs ok.

Can any one help?

EDIT: I tried running with XP SP2 compatibility and I have assigned only a key per keyboard option.

I haven't heard of this problem but I'd suggest you check your version(1.08k is the latest).

Welcome to RPGWatch! :)

Generally speaking Vista32 shouldn't be a problem.

I don't think you can do much. It would be an idea to activate quicksave in the gothic.ini. Then save every few minutes in the quickslot and say every 10-15 minutes in different normal slots.

Warning:

Quicksave is not 100% stable. Do not use it under any circumstances if your character is involved in interaction (dialog, combat, picking stuff up, etc.). I had no problem with it when I made sure there was no interaction going on.

Back
Top Bottom