Age of Decadence - More Portraits

How long has this game been in development? I thought I remembered reading about this game five years ago. Am I thinking of something else? I just figured this had been released ages ago. Is this a Cleve Blakemore project? :D

I think these things look great ... though honestly I have never cared much about the portraits in these games.

How long has this game been in development? I thought I remembered reading about this game five years ago. Am I thinking of something else? I just figured this had been released ages ago. Is this a Cleve Blakemore project? :D

I agree.
I don't think this game will be released, ever.
Too much talking about.

Another Grimoire Forever? Maybe.

The game has been in development for 5 years, which apparently is forever these days. For comparisons, the Witcher has been in development for 5 years and they had more than 4 people working on the game. I'm pretty sure that the excellent Ultima 5 remake was also in development for 5+ years.

The game has been in development for 5 years, which apparently is forever these days.
Five years doesn't seem long for a labor of love (and that's what AoD is, right?), but it's definitely a long time for a product to be under development, because it's a long time to try to look ahead. Like some gems, the glitter can rub off even some of the best ideas.

Regardless of when this game releases...I am sure that people will be critical of it due to the history behind VD. Some will overlook things, others will call out things that were commented about by him regarding other games.

Personally I hope it is a good game, I'm interested to see what the end result will be. I also suspect the forums will implode with differing views.

Regardless of when this game releases...I am sure that people will be critical of it due to the history behind VD. Some will overlook things, others will call out things that were commented about by him regarding other games.

On the one hand, that would make for a funny Codex-esque review ... on the other hand, if I can get past all of the crap surrounding Dungeon Lords, I'm sure I can just worry about the game here.

Regardless of when this game releases...I am sure that people will be critical of it due to the history behind VD.

What's with VD's history and the relation to Dungeon Lords?

Is there a short answer or do I have to dig through thousands of Codex posts? :)

There is no history and no relationship to Dungeon Lords. I was the Codex admin and editor and had the audacity to criticize games that I thought were subpar.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=129

When AoD was announced, a lot of people thought that now it's my turn to see what criticism feels like (back when RPG Dot was around and under the old management) and attacked the game relentlessly.

I never implied that there was a history between VD and Dungeon lords....just any rpg in general. It seems he is ready and willing to face the same heat he put towards other games, so we will see how this palys out.

There is no history and no relationship to Dungeon Lords. I was the Codex admin and editor and had the audacity to criticize games that I thought were subpar.

Ok, thanks for the short explanation...

Anyway, looking forward to AoD very much!

Sorry - I brought in Dungeon Lords ... was thinking about all of the politics that came across to those who dealt with Heuristic Park and how we had to look past that and deal with the game. My point is that while someone tearing out old stuff Vince said and taking it out of context and applying it to stuff from his game might make for an amusing read, we should be thrilled he is dedicated to releasing this game and wish him the best - and hope for the best when it is released!

Sorry - I brought in Dungeon Lords ... was thinking about all of the politics that came across to those who dealt with Heuristic Park and how we had to look past that and deal with the game. My point is that while someone tearing out old stuff Vince said and taking it out of context and applying it to stuff from his game might make for an amusing read, we should be thrilled he is dedicated to releasing this game and wish him the best - and hope for the best when it is released!

If it is out of context....

Hmmm because of Vince's presence on the Codex, I'll be giving the game a go, if it ever gets released. Even when I disagreed with him over there, I enjoyed his wit. I don't generally like Post-Apoc as a genre but figure I'll at least download the demo. So this is one Bethesda-fanboy who'll at least try the game :D My comparing Vince and Cleve is valid though. They keep trying to perfect the game long past the interest of their audience. Release something and then tweak things in the next game. Don't wait to release the perfect game, or a game with 10,000 ways to play it. People are only going to play it once for the most part. BasiliskWrangler did it right. He made his game, listened to criticism, and then added upon what was liked and threw out what was disliked, in his next game, to the best of his ability. The bottom line is that in the same amount of time, BW will have released and made money on two games while Vince is still "perfecting" his.

Back
Top Bottom