The Witcher 2 - Gone Gold!

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Not surprisingly, given the long-planned May 17th release date, but The Witcher 2 has gone Gold. We received notices from both Namco for Europe and CD Projekt:
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Has Gone Gold
Highly acclaimed RPG masterpiece to hit shelves May 17th 2011

LYON, FRANKREICH / WARSAW, POLAND – 27. April 2011 – Namco Bandai Partners S.A.S. and CD Projekt RED are pleased and proud to announce that The Witcher 2 has gone gold. Both the Premium Edition and the limited Collector’s Edition are now in production. The game will be available for purchase on May 17.
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is the eagerly awaited sequel to the award-winning, million-selling RPG that captured the imaginations of discerning players everywhere. It introduced a truly unique protagonist, the professional slayer of monsters, Geralt of Rivia, and defined a new standard for thought-provoking, non-linear game narration, with mature themes, significant choices that weren’t automatically good or bad, and true decisions that led to meaningfully different consequences.
The Witcher 2 builds upon these distinctive strengths within an all-new storyline filled with complex characters, captivating political machinations and intriguing challenges. It also features a new, brutal combat system that uniquely combines tactical elements with dynamic action. The proprietary REDengine, designed and built in-house to support the specific demands imposed by our complex, branching style of open-ended storytelling, also takes full advantage of the latest advances in graphical technology.
Additional information is available at www.TheWitcher.com.
Watch out for our hands-on preview over the next week or so.
More information.

Weeeeeeeeee.

Not long until it get this one purchased and downloaded.

DRM free option; release date being met - these guys really seem to know what they're doing.

DRM free option; release date being met - these guys really seem to know what they're doing.

While the core release day game is DRM-free on GOG it's been confirmed on their forum that all versions of the game, including the GOG version, will need to activate online through a client in order to receive patches and buy DLC.

Just one correction the game was delayed once for three months so it didn't make release date.

In physical shops I don't see any mention of collector version, ie there are pre order fake boxes but nothing about collector edition. I wonder if it will be well distributed as it was for The Witcher 1 that had the collector version well distributed.

I don't think the stores are stocking the collector edition, maybe due to the price. In the US I noticed Gamestop does not allow preorder of the CE for in store pickup. You have to have it shipped to you.

Amazon has the collector's edition with 99cent release day delivery.

but never in a million years would i pay 80 squids for a game!

No price for Germany : http://www.amazon.de/Witcher-Assass...MCZY/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1304014360&sr=8-8

I did pay - however - a similar price for a Collector's Edition : For the "Personal Edition" of Drakensang 2 … I assume this is one of the the rarest game version in the world by now … Especially since Radon Labs is gone now …

I would have *never* payed such an amount of money for a "normal" Collector's Edition, though ! - This was an exception, and it wil remain one for me.

I'd rather say the seller is a loony.
Or a scalper.
Or both.

I love me some collector's editions but I am getting the standard version of The Witcher 2. The CE just does not have anything worth paying that much for, I would feel like I paid $85 for an art book.

I am getting the Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition though, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom