Landmark - Raising the Bar Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Sony Online Entertainment released a new tailer for Landmark called Raising the Bar.

Watch how Landmark players have dramatically changed the game! How will you make your mark? Join our Landmarks of Landmark competition and make a permanent mark on the game!
More information.

Last edited:
Wow. It looks like players will be doing most of the tedious game development on this one, for free. This is far from a criticism. If they can pull it off, it's actually a brilliant business plan.

Looks nice. But, all these months later, I'm still trying to wrap my head around SOE + Minecraft :p

For those curious, you can buy closed beta access for as low as $20. The game itself will be "f2p."

I've played EQ since 1998, and I'd never touch this thing. It isn't EQ, and I have no idea why it is even affiliated with it. The whole thing is positively insulting, or at least that's how I take it. Now, when the Walking Smed comes out, that I might try at some point.

They should have developed it under another name, yes. They failed to learn their lesson with EQ2.

Looks like there is non builder stuff coming in a few months time. I've been tempted to have a look myself, but am not really sure it is worth venturing into right now, if I'm not going to build anything (I have the creativity of a rock).

How is this game RPG? They do not even refer themselves to it as a RPG but as a social online building game (not sure about the order) but they do not even drop the fetish label RPG.

In the meantime, a Korean made game named Archeage is coming to the western shores. Not much about it though on here.

I'm in this, but haven't played much. The whole Minecraft approach isn't really my thing - and I'm much more keen to learn about how they're going to handle this level of player freedom and still make it a compelling world to explore, fight and live in.

I'm not a fan of the Disney style characters, either.

Back
Top Bottom