Gothic 3 Scaling questions.

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Does it seem like to anyone else that the Vendor Inventories and Loot Chests are scaled to Player level?
I haven't played enough yet really to have tested alot of different things but it especially seems like it when it comes to Weapons and Loot.

Perhaps it's just distance from the starting point?!

Chest contents seems to be somewhat random. I was in the middle of looting, inspecting the glorious treasure i had just found when i got rammed from behind by a boar. After i'd reloaded and returned to the chest the contents was different.

If it is scaled then i imagine chests with harder locks will have better loot.

Also, i'd hope that such chests fall under a "random crap" class or something and there are still chests with specific loot.

Chest contents seems to be somewhat random.
If it is scaled then i imagine chests with harder locks will have better loot.

I think Kairo said in some interview that it is exactly like this.
"Expensive looking" (was the expression he used) chests will
have valuable random stuff in them. Can't find a link atm.

I can't say that from his phrasing (or the crappy english translation of
the interview) I got a hint that specific loot is still on (except from quest
related ofcourse).

Yeah, the loot inside chests depend on chest quality and zone I think. Gothic 3 is zone scaled, so a vendor in Nordmar will have better weapons than one in eastern Myrtana. It's also level scaled to a certain degree within each zone, but that scaling has a max/min, so creatures in Myrtana stop scaling at level 15-20 or so, but the ones in Nordmar start at 20-30(I'd guess) and will follow you up towards 40-50, altho after that you'll just get more and more powerful compared to them.

Back
Top Bottom