Of Orcs and Men - Buddy Trailer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A new trailer for Of Orcs and Men has been released featuring the Orc and Goblin buddies.
Just a week from release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 andoblinPC, Of Orcs and Men unveils a whole new kind of video with the Buddy Trailer. Just like the popular "Buddy Film" movie genre, which cast a pair of unlikely heroes who must band together, there are bound to be communication problems and hilarious moments. This is one of the original aspects of Of Orcs and Men. Indeed, the powerful and proud Orc warrior Arkaïl and the sly Goblin Styx don't have much in common, and when they butt heads it allows for some comic relief in an otherwise dark and violent adventure.

While their personalities differ, once thrown into the heat of battle these two will actually complement each other quite nicely. Between the elite Orc soldier's devastating power and the agility of the Goblin, they will both have to depend on their companion's talents and skills to get out of tricky situations. For example, Styx will be able to strike opponents out of Arkaïl's reach, while the powerful Orc's melee style will draw enemy fire and protect the weaker Goblin. In the face of adversity, a bond will form between our two heroes as they learn to respect each other's ways. These opposing styles are at the heart of the Buddy Trailer, available to watch now!

Take arms, and lead rebellion of Orcs and Goblins on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC retail on October 11th in Europe. The game will also be available for download on PC worldwide on October 11th, and on October 16th on the US PlayStation Network.
More information.

Well, that trailer managed to kill any cursory interest I had in this game. :p

man, terrible dialog -_-. If we have that in hte trailer ... ****

no it was pretty bad - they were talking like two contemporary American guys. Not an orc and a gobln. Their voices did not project two characters from a fantasy world, the voice direction was non existent.

I'll still get the game, but I am a little less enthusiastic.

The best and also funniest Orcs and Goblins were the ones in Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah of Might & Magic. These guys here are just generic tough guys in green skin. That being said, based on GOT, i have quite high hopes for this game. It was relatively bug free, had diverse character builds, very good story and decent amount of C&C. Too bad, that the gaming media douchebags spat on it (based on nothing, but a little bit dated visuals). It was easily one of the best ARPG-s in recent years.

Hijack incoming.

It's the same reason Dragon Age sucked. Party members used sarcasm like teenagers in a mall. It was horrible and I uninstalled.

couldn't care less about their chatter, all I care about is gameplay and if it's like Game of Thrones, I like it.

That trailer really felt like a cold shower. They do indeed sound like some cool wannabe tough guys in a Hollywood action flick targeted at a juvenile audience.

I actually have high hopes for this game and I am wishing for an interesting story and narrative, especially considering its theme and the developer's experience with the Game of Thrones RPG, which I liked.

I just hope that this trailer is just some publisher PR BS and that the horrible dialogue is not taken from the actual game.

Last edited:
Are there any gameplay videos out there. I was under the impression that this was more action oriented and not like GOT which had RTWP combat. If I'm wrong that would be great as I really enjoyed GOT.

Trailer wasn't bad. They didn't talk like greenskins... so what? Nobody here talks like a greenskin when they are playing one in an MMO, either. My issue with the trailer is it looks like just another lightweight action RPG and the market has been flooded with those for years. I didn't even buy ME3, DA2, or a half dozen other titles from major companies in recent years, so why would I buy this? Need a more compelling reason than playing an orc/goblin team. Sorry. Maybe if it was a Bethesda style sandbox game. Is it?

Can the people who say they liked Game of Thrones explain why? The reviews are awful, though I have to admit the screenshots look pretty good and the reviews slammed the graphics amongst other things.

Reminds me of the green humans in "Orcs", by Stan Nicholls.

Doesnt really feel like goblin/orc. Sounds like barbarian and rouge stereotype, but colored in green. Hope there is more to it.

On the other hand, Game Of Thrones was also bashed alot, and I still had fun playing it. So I'll remain hopefull. In the end, the story can still be good, even if orcs are just a bunch of greenskinned barbarians or whatsoever. Might kill of the fun for those who desperately wanted to get the real "Orc-Feeling" of course.

Can the people who say they liked Game of Thrones explain why? The reviews are awful, though I have to admit the screenshots look pretty good and the reviews slammed the graphics amongst other things.

The story was awesome, the alternating protagonists I loved that, the intertwining stories, etc. All things I really liked.
For the gameplay, I liked it too, it wasn't twitchy since I could (almost) pause and issue commands, and that's how I hope this one will be too. Now if I find out that I can't pause action to issue commands like in GoT then no, I won't buy it.

I thought you guys were exaggerating until I actually watched the trailer.

It's pretty awful…

I sorta got Beyond Divinity vibe from the voice acting - yikes

On another front, the only place I could not find a hard box release for the game was Amazon UK. I struck out with Amazon, Best Buy, Target and Gamestop. The O&M web site however appears to allow digital down loads.

I sorta got Beyond Divinity vibe from the voice acting - yikes

On another front, the only place I could not find a hard box release for the game was Amazon UK. I struck out with Amazon, Best Buy, Target and Gamestop. The O&M web site however appears to allow digital down loads.

Holy crap! I just checked prices and they are asking 41 EUR for this in German online shops! This is totally FUBAR.

Amazon.co.uk calls for 25 EUR - That is acceptable.

On Topic: Loved the trailer, even the dialogue. Must be something that only native speakers are angry about.;)

Back
Top Bottom