Atlanta vs St. Louis

Hope the cards finish the Giants quickly. I would prefer Detroit not have a long layoff like in 06.

Since when did hoosier become a derogatory term? :)

I moved from Europe to St. Louis as a kid and was always under the impression that Hoosier was a derogatory term until I found out that that's not the case elsewhere in the states. I guess people in STL just have a thing for people from Indiana?:S

Hope the cards finish the Giants quickly. I would prefer Detroit not have a long layoff like in 06.

I hope so too, but the WS won't start any earlier, even if we (Cards) do. Wednesday, the 24th is the start no matter what. I just don't want to go back to San Fran and have to win one against Cain or Vogelsong.

I guess people in STL just have a thing for people from Indiana?:S
Yeah, they're jealous and simply can't help themselves. We try to be understanding--any city subjected to Blues hockey for years on end is bound to produce some warped folks. ;)

We have a hockey team? Really? ;)

hoosiers are rednecks
Hoosiers are Indianians :D

P.S. I have family in Indiana, btw.

P.P.S-From Wikipedia:

In St. Louis, Missouri, the word is used in a derogatory fashion similar to "hick" or "white trash".

Would that be...wait for it...a giant egg?

Sad.........just sad...........nuf said. :(

What an epic choke job. Up 3-1 and lose the series. Our hitters became super impatient and our poor little rookie shortstop was overmatched when it comes to playoff pressure. Still, the Cardinals have a very good nucleus and should be pretty competitive next year. We'll lose Lohse, so we need another frontline starter. I'm not sure Carp will be Carp next year, so I wonder if the Cards will just stay with Shelby Miller, Joe Kelly, and possibly Rosenthal, or will they actually spend money and bring in a "name" pitcher. Time will tell.

Go Detroit!!!

Go Detroit!!!

That's the spirit! :)

I was very surprised by last nights game though. I don't think the Giants are that good, it's more like the Cardinals just didn't show up. The Giants are in trouble against a well rested Tigers pitching lineup though. Especially since SF might have to start some of their guys on short rest. I think Detroit wins 2 of the first 3 games and takes the series in 5 or 6.

I was thinking Detroit in 5 too, so 6 isn't a stretch. I think San Fran will match well with the pitching, but that the hitting won't be able to compete. I expect SF will stay in the 3-4 run area and that Detroit will just outscore them most nights.

Back
Top Bottom