TopWare Interactive - Raven's Cry Release Date Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Hello my fellow watchers. This will be my first time posting news on Rpgwatch. I want to thank Myrthos. I look forward to bringing you new news everday.
smiley-cool.gif
Now on to my first post.

Topware brings news that there Adventure/Rpg game Raven's Cry finally has a release date. The release date is set for October 24 2013.

Raven’s Cry is a dark action-adventure that will challenge the image of pirates in popular culture. Game events are seamlessly interwoven with historical ones to create an authentic, thrilling narrative. The game begins when Christopher Raven embarks on his vengeful quest to track down and kill the men who murdered his family.

Features
• Action adventure set in a dark re-imagining of the pirate-plagued Caribbean.
• Engage in fiercely tactical melee combat with an historical, authentic pirate-hunting arsenal.
• Player choice will have grave consequences on the outcome of the story- will you become a righteous seeker of renegade justice, or a conscienceless man whose ends justify his means?
• Utilize special combat abilities like Fear Power and cursed Voodoo Charms to overcome and dominate your foes.
• Challenge a memorable cast of villains to brutal, heart-pounding duels to the death as you seek your vengeance.

There webpage can be found here.
More information.

Last edited:
So this is their first .. attempt at a decent game, right?

Congratulations on your first newsbit Couchpotato!

Looks like an interesting game, nice to see a pirate game without Jack Sparrow-type overtones. Wonder how much in the way of RPG elements it will have - probably of the "lite" variety given the genre its listed under.

I like the developer and I think Two worlds 1 & 2 were underrated, but I'm a little disappointed in the choice of theme. Between Risen 2 and the Two Worlds 2's expansion I'm a bit pirated out.

I'll probably still get it because I love 3rd & 1st Person Action Adventure RPGs, but I wish the setting was different.

Same dev as Two Worlds?!

Same dev as Two Worlds?!

According to there webpage no it says Octane Games. They have another rpg in the works also but no mention of what Reality Pump is working on.

Nope not the same dev team, just the same publisher. TW1-2:Reality Pump; RC: Octane Games

Nice first news post. The last sentence needs a bit of TLC.

Reality Pump was founded by Topware and they were the same company for quite awhile. I suppose technically they are separate, but not in a meaningful way.

It was a rethorical question. It's a different developer.

Congrats, Potato.

Congrats couch.
And ontopic, if no respawns in it, I'll definetly preorder when available.

The live-action trailer is terrible. I don't expect much from this title, but I'll try not to judge until I see some actual gameplay footage.

Clearly pirates are misunderstood in popular culture. Stab, stab, bang, poke, stab... arrgh.

Joxxer is at it again!!!! Just kidding :D

And congrats to couch!

Thanks if anyone finds any news not posted here pm me.. I will credit you in the post with the source. This is my first day so bear with me for at least a couple of days. I'm still getting used to it.

Back
Top Bottom