Major Explosion in Oslo - Pm's office destroyed

Guys. I heard about it. My condolences to the victims' families. The news already have been spreading till here to Greece.

I wish they could bring him here to get rid of the corrupted politicians...

That… Was very tasteless

Agreed.

As for the second arrest. It was a young man carrying a knife, and he allegedly screamed that he carried a knife. I would be surprised if he had anything to do with the shooting, but I don't think the police had any choice given the circumstances.

Edit: Regarding a possible accomplice: The police say this is solely based on some witnesses at Utøya. They're not actively looking for another perp.

Edit: I'd like to thank you all for your support. AFAIK my family and I are not personally affected, still, like many other Norwegians I'm devastated. So: Thank you.

Last edited:
Just now it's reported that a man ran into a cafe, dropping a bag and ran out again. The police has blocked the area (correct English?).

Whether it's another bomb or not is too soon to tell. But I suppose there are always people who for some reason, even for "fun" takes the opportunity to create some chaos in a situation like this.

Edit: False alarm. He hadn't been running. The bag contained a loudspeaker case, and he had forgotten when he left the cafe.

Last edited:
Some more information: The bomb may have been made from fertilizer - apparently fertilizers can be used for this purpose. Mr Breivik (who owns a farming company) bought 6 metric tons of fertilizer this spring. This was a fairly normally sized order according to Felleskjøpet where he bought the stuff.

A blogger he frequently refers to. There were rumors that he actually was this blogger but that he instead maybe tried to impersonate him in private communications with another blogger.

ed: the site that published his comments has made a statement that he is not fjordman.

Last edited:
There are some claims that Breivik=Fjordman, referred to in that Wikipedia article. Source: Other bloggers.

Artificial fertilizer can be a very powerful bomb. Was also used in the Oklahoma City bombing which this is being compared to. My own thoughts compare to Columbine with the gun man combing the area in a calm collected (and sociopathic) manner killing children and not satisfied with just wounding them but using secondary weapons to complete the job.

I've also seen that he was quoting "One person with a belief is equal to the force of 100 000 who have only interests" on twitter. He is not simply a madman, he is evil personified like Kaczynski, McVeigh and the like. It sounds like he is trying to get a platform to explain himself so he can continue to espouse his views now that he has our attention.

My thoughts go out to the people of Norway and mostly the to families involved. I hope it heals quickly and doesn't scar.

This is sad news. It only takes one person with a twisted view to create havoc.

I must say that I'm shocked at what's happened in my own town. One of my friends where walking outside of the government quarter when the bomb went off. He got hit by glassplinters and shrapnel. He's at hospital now, but luckily his wounds aren't too severe. I usually work just a few hundred meters away from where the carbomb went off, but since it's my holiday now I wasn't at work yesterday. Going back to Oslo tomorrow and I just can't wait, need to be near my friends and colleagues.

I've also seen that he was quoting "One person with a belief is equal to the force of 100 000 who have only interests" on twitter. He is not simply a madman, he is evil personified like Kaczynski, McVeigh and the like. It sounds like he is trying to get a platform to explain himself so he can continue to espouse his views now that he has our attention.

This is exactly what I fear. Well, not fear. But this asshole will be idolised and romaticised because of all the attention he gets and his out-of-context quotes. The term "lone wolf" is already being dropped in Dutch media again and it makes it sound so cool. These fucking "lone wolves", rejects from society, are able to get their revenge by killing dozens of people! News at eleven! It's not like I never had these fantasies, but some people can't differentiate between fantasy and reality. At the same time, media can't ignore major events like this. Fuck these bastards, put the thumb screws on him! Let's get medieval, why'd we even abolish torture in Europe in the first place?

Why? Because if we allow that, they wouldn't only use it for mass murderers. Snd in the end its a hollow thing, revenge.

What's wrong in our modern (Euro-) society?

Why is a young man murdering so many teenagers ?
To get attention ? Why didn't he simply spread flyers in Oslo ?

Why is a 27 year old singer dying in our middle ?
A woman who was on self destruction over years for everyone to see. Why can't public healthcare simply safe her ?

Why costs the visit of the pope in Germany 25 million Euros ?
Why do we invest billions of Euros to short term rescue of a non functioning Euro-system and at the same time Germany is giving only 14 millions to rescue people in East Africa ?

Why are child abusers getting free again and are not staying in preventive detention for their own good ?

… only a few questions out of the news of the last two weeks …

I simply have NO plausible explanations for these questions.

Well, in all the doom and gloom. Let us remmember that the world still gets better, the amount of starving people has decreased dramatically. It has been awhile since we had a major war.

As for these lone "lunatics", the difference now is that with modern technology, weaponary and bombs they can do so much more damage, not that they haven't excisted before.

He seemed to have been meticulously planning this for years from his so called manifesto to initiate an open cell-based terrorist organization of knights templars equivalent to radical islamists. His actions are rationalized by passing judgement against the political elements that has enabled, both past, present and future, the accumulated crimes commited by muslims in Europe.

He rants about joining of a secret collective in early 2000. Seems like a load of hogwash given he spent the next years working as a businessman, but eventually went bankrupt, then spent a year doing competetive raiding in World of Warcraft to establish a cover (which certainly explains why his manifesto is full of emotes). Seems more like a tragic figure like Swedens Lasermannen who came from upper middleclass but failed to succeed in life, and instead went looking for excuses, which he found in fjordman & co writings.

Last edited:
Maybe.

I think it's more serious than that. He may very well as he says (as I understand it)

- have been planning systematically this for years
- have managed to superficially appear as just another very right-wing person, thereby masking his real intentions
- really think that anyone supporting multiculturalism is a traitor and therefore must be eliminated, and that's just what he methodically did at Utøya.

I don't think he's mad. I think he's very calculating, and I think it could be very dangerous to not take him seriously.

I also think I may very well be wrong.

So sad for these terrible news. My thoughts are with the victims families.

@Pibbur
You can be mad and calculating at the same time. You need a sick and mad mind to do these vile things

Back
Top Bottom