Things you don't need to know...

Whenever I get the urge to do something like that, I lie down till the urge goes away!! :)

:lol:

Whenever I get the urge to do something like that, I lie down till the urge goes away!! :)

To misquote Tom Lehrer (in his introduction to "the Irish Ballad" at 1:09), I belong to the true devotees who seem to find doing 60 minutes is twice as funny as doing 30.

Last edited:
Today pibbur is busy assembling kitchen parts. Renovating the kitchen is long overdue, so now several parts of the house is filled with kitchen-part parts. And pibbur is busy using screwdrivers, hammers, angle irons and other tools. To the subtle tunes of "Lis er stille" and "Black Label Society".

Tomorrow people wll invade the house to assemble the parts pibbur haven't assemblied, and put everything in place (hopefully the kitchen, and in the correct positions in the kitchen).

The wife is coming home from visiting father-in-law (my father-in-law, silly. Her father) in Tromsø tonight. And pibbur's work should ideally have been finished by then. Unfortunately pibbur should have started the process a bit earlier.

pibbur who currently is pondering suitable bribes

Today I saw lots of ancient statues. For a hefty price : 8 Euros is not cheap for a museum here ...

And now I know where the Elves' long eary come from : From the Silens and Sartyrs ...

Today was supposed to be a day for studying, but instead turned out to be a day of watching tv, talking to my girlfriend, watching more tv. How productive is that ?!

Apart from talking to the GF, I think you've spent the day wisely.

pibbur who once again is happy that the wife doesn't know the url of rpgwatch, and who for some reason is reminded of an English sitcom where the protagonist always imagined a hippo whenever his mother-in-law was mentioned.

Last edited:

And now I know where the Elves' long eary come from : From the Silens and Sartyrs …

Silly Alrik. pibbur knows that the first elves were awakened by Eru Ilúvatar near the bay of Cuiviénen during the Years of the Trees.

pibbur who is pibbur fenumë

The wife is coming home from visiting father-in-law (my father-in-law, silly. Her father) in Tromsø tonight. And pibbur's work should ideally have been finished by then. Unfortunately pibbur should have started the process a bit earlier.
You'll be happy to know (well, I guess you won't, who cares) that pibbur managed to finish his tasks before wife arrived. Thanks to somewhat longish transfer time between airport shuttle and train.

pibbur who finally can relax

Today was supposed to be a day for studying, but instead turned out to be a day of watching tv, talking to my girlfriend, watching more tv. How productive is that ?!

Spending time with the GF can be very productive!! If you don't believe me, ask HER!! :) After all my friend, life is not just about doing, it's also about Being!!

Kitchen is finished!

pibbur who knows that you don't need to know, but boy!! is pibbur glad to know this!

Cash mobs were inspired by flash mobs which should not be confused by smart mobs who sometimes appear as distributed mobs and in general is somewhat related to the concept of slime molds.

All according to Wikipedia.

pibbur who still hasn't decided whether he will take photos of his new kitchen. Or not.

Well, I must admit that I have never in my whole life come across the word of "Feudel". It might be a regional name, or a professional name. In my family it was never used.

The word "feudal" means "aristocratic", though. ;)

I think that these words sound German because they sound kind of "wedge" or/and "rough". French words, for example, sound incredibl smooth to German ears. Each language has its own "music", and the German one is rather that of a stakkato.

I have honestly no idea how Norwegian words really sound, but written words contain a relatively great number of vowels, which is much higher than even in the German language. The ol language topping the amount of vowels is the Japanese one, at least that's how I subjectively perceive it.

And I once read that people from Japan find that a lot of vowels in words sound "beautiful". (Personally, I even agree to that.) So, I read, that - allegedly - people from Japan artificially include vowels into foreign words top make them sound more … beautiful. Especially if the foreign words sound rather rough, originally.

You don't need to know that I'm eating this right now ;) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leberkäse
It's one of the few meat meals I can't live without (despite being 70-80 % vegatarian otherwise).

According to Big W…Caroline Birley's lifelong love of geology started with stones she collected as a child on family holidays.

Unlike most geologists who can't stand those filthy little things.

pibbur who just now realizes that even if he loved and collected stones in his youth, he didn't become a geologist. Time for a third university degree!!

I tried to get into this profession. And yes, I loved (and still do) collecting stones, especially fossils … But I had to drop studying because I was too weak in math-related fiels that were required. Now I know why, but then I didn't.

Jennifer Worth wrote her bestseller "Call the Midwife" in response to an article in the British Midwifery Journal, criticising the lack of midwives in literature.

Something for you writer-wannabes (and for Jaz) out there. Can't say there are many garbage cans, DIPswitches, water bottles and 57 year old bearded, long haired norwegian doctor/software developers with daughters turning hostile in literature either.

says pibbur who also notices the deplorable lack of pibburs

Back
Top Bottom