Edge Of Eternity - Kickstarter Launched

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Edge Of Eternity has finally launched its kickstarter a few days later than anticipated. The JRPG is asking for $200,000, and I wish them luck. Give it a look if your interested.

Edge of Eternity is a new RPG that will lead you to experience a unique and unusual universe. The action takes place in a world whose design combines some steampunk influence - the best Japanese RPG - and Medieval age influences.

Through mysteries and softness, we built characters that you will join in a very exciting adventure of action, explorations, revelations and unexpected situations.

The music - written and composed by our team - has been recorded by a real orchestra, bringing thereby a unique feeling every step along the way. The game is based on the great old fashion turn-based combat system, as a tribute to the best Final Fantasy, and it comes along with exclusive features such as Cloud Save, and cross platform facilities. Buy it once, use it everywhere, and keep fighting until the end.

Today, the game is in a making process, in fact the images come from our prototype for mobile devices. We did our best in order to create this new J-RPG, giving all we had in term of motivation and assets. Today, we need you to finish Edge of Eternity. Thanks to your feedbacks and drawbacks, we will be able to reach the different strech goals and create your next J-RPG game. We want to develop this game with the community on our side, to match your expectations and make a game that suits totally.
More information.

"prototype for mobile devices"

Game Over

"prototype for mobile devices"

Game Over
Well their actually aiming for a release on every platform possible not just mobile devices.;) I will never get all the hate for mobile devices.:roll:

Zloth, you're evil and shame on you! :D
I agree 100%.

Okay, 99.99%. Means, if the game will be at least of Chaos Rings 2 quality, I'll pop in. Yes, that means turning off bloody endless respawns. If it'll be yet another phone whatnot, I'm out.

EDIT:
Hell, didn't I say the same thing already about this game somewhere? That vid looks familiar.

Hell, didn't I say the same thing already about this game somewhere? That vid looks familiar.
I'm sure you did you always do.;) Anyway The video is a repost and the kickstater is new. Tuning out the mobile and JRPG haters in 3…2….1.:)

If people here want to see what a good rpg on phones can be they should play Cyber Knights.

If people here want to see what a good rpg on phones can be they should play Cyber Knights.

In my opinion "good" is a stretch, I would call it decent. It has alot of things going for it, but to me it still got tiresome pretty fast, more chore than fun. Still, well worth the money for the elite version, and getting better with every update.

When I saw the start image shown on the non running video I knew it was JRPG oriented, it says all how dev and players are working on clichés. JRPG, I am skipping.

Umm, no need to look at the Video for that, it says JRPG in the second sentence of the news post... If your not interested in JRPG's, there's no need to look at the video.

I don't think any of you read the kickstarter it is not just for mobile devices.
One of our first goals is to allow the player to play on every platform. That is why Edge of Eternity will be available on: smartphone, tablet, PSVita (platforms for which we originally developed the game), PC, PS4, X-Box One, Mac, Linux, Ouya, Wii U…

Last edited:
What the heck does "Through mysteries and softness, we built characters…" means? Are those guys high on weed or are they into zen riddles?

I don't think any of you read the kickstarter it is not just for mobile devices.
I did but have you noticed this sentence: "smartphone, tablet, PSVita (platforms for which we originally developed the game), PC, PS4, X-Box One, Mac, Linux, Ouya, Wii U…" ?
Do you think that $200.000 is enough to flesh this game out enough so it will be more than just a smartphone to PC (and PS4, X-Box One, Mac, Linux, Ouya, Wii U) port?

Last edited:
I did but have you noticed this sentence: "smartphone, tablet, PSVita (platforms for which we originally developed the game), PC, PS4, X-Box One, Mac, Linux, Ouya, Wii U…" ?

Now I'm not targeting you but nothing ever changes. I mention mobile or tablet, and the same thing happens in every topic.

I don't care what platform the game was designed for in the first place. The game is being released on almost every platform by simply porting it.
Do you think that $200.000 is enough to flesh this game out enough so it will be more than just a smartphone to PC (and PS4, X-Box One, Mac, Linux, Ouya, Wii U) port?
You do have a point about the cost of porting to every system. Though other kickstarters have been funded targeting multiple platforms for less.

Couch, my friend, I don't have a beef with you so don't take it all so personally. I appreciate your updates and alerts but I can't help to be more positive about some of them than about the others. And when I'm being less positive, it's always about a project and not about the post.
This time I was just musing :)

Couch, my friend, I don't have a beef with you so don't take it all so personally. I appreciate your updates and alerts but I can't help to be more positive about some of them than about the others. And when I'm being less positive, it's always about a project and not about the post.
This time I was just musing :)
Sorry zahratustra I'm in bad mood today due to various things. I just hate the close minded mentality displayed sometimes on the forum.

Like I said I'm not targeting you.;)

Back
Top Bottom