Firefox is worse literally every update

ManWhoJaped

Keeper of the Watch
Now when I want to go back from a webpage, instead of an automatic action as it's been on every browser since browsing began, there is a tiny icon with back and forward and refresh etc. so now you have to very carefully click on the very tiny part.

Not to mention I now type rpgwatch.com into a browser where I'd been on some other site and then rpgwatch I typed disappears and other name comes back...then a few seconds later rpgwatch comes back and starts to load. WTF?

I can't even believe this kind of incompetence exists, and I have been one of the most rabid believers the world is full of nothing but frauds and hucksters.

Every bad change they make is worse than the last you'd think they'd have hit rock bottom long ago.

Ditch Firefox and download Palemoon, which is a fork of Firefox without all the obnoxious changes to make it tablet friendly and more like Chrome. Everyone I show it to loves it. It's the last stand for browser sanity while they all keep getting worse, except maybe something like SeaMonkey or K-Meleon.

Now when I want to go back from a webpage, instead of an automatic action as it's been on every browser since browsing began, there is a tiny icon with back and forward and refresh etc. so now you have to very carefully click on the very tiny part.

So you don't have a mouse with thumb buttons for back/forward like e.g. a Logitech G400s?
And what tiny icons do you mean? You mean the ones if you right-click and you get the back, forward, reload icons? Come on. They aren't that tiny and it's certainly better than if you'd have to move your mouse to the nav bar every time, no?
And why not use the bookmark toolbar for links you visit often? Then you don't need to type in addresses at all.
See attached image for some of the stuff I'm talking about.

Attachments

• Desktop_2014_09_14_23_18_48_879_cr.jpg
    Desktop_2014_09_14_23_18_48_879_cr.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 90
Ditch Firefox and download Palemoon, which is a fork of Firefox without all the obnoxious changes to make it tablet friendly and more like Chrome. Everyone I show it to loves it. It's the last stand for browser sanity while they all keep getting worse, except maybe something like SeaMonkey or K-Meleon.

That looks interesting I will definitively give it a try.I was die hard Opera fan but since they decided to switch to chromium engine I abandoned. I used opera 12 (which is last in presto engine) some time after they switched to chromium but since it's not getting updates I finally switched.I am currently using Firefox but I am not satisfied.So I will try definitely give Palemoon a shot.

So you don't have a mouse with thumb buttons for back/forward like e.g. a Logitech G400s?
And what tiny icons do you mean? You mean the ones if you right-click and you get the back, forward, reload icons? Come on. They aren't that tiny and it's certainly better than if you'd have to move your mouse to the nav bar every time, no?
And why not use the bookmark toolbar for links you visit often? Then you don't need to type in addresses at all.
See attached image for some of the stuff I'm talking about.

I could right click left click and instantly go back before. Now it's literally a 1/2 inch square so I have to readjust the mouse every single time.

I don't use lame special buttons because it makes changing computers a nuisance and on this mouse they are in a ridiculous position anyway. Which is usually the case.

Thanks buddy, I have posted something similar on probably 5 sites at various times and all I ever get is some lame defense of FireFox atrocities. I had hoped someone would fork from firefox a long time but I had given up on it some time ago.

I gave up on FF years ago; I now use Safari which many people seem to dislike.

If you want something to work like Chrome, why not use Chrome?

If you want something to work like Chrome, why not use Chrome?

I tried it and hated it, but I assume having the same company that owns doubleclick and does everything possible to get your cell phone number make your browser seems like a bad idea to him for some silly reason.

I am 'starting' to hate Firefox. It started with it defaulting to higher screen resolutions which means I have to keep Ctrl- to control the screen size. Moreover, why the hell a browser needs to use 150MB of resident memory (keeping in mind I switched off every 'remembering' feature)?

I am 'starting' to hate Firefox. It started with it defaulting to higher screen resolutions which means I have to keep Ctrl- to control the screen size. Moreover, why the hell a browser needs to use 150MB of resident memory (keeping in mind I switched off every 'remembering' feature)?

The big irony with FireFox is that it was forked to avoid the bloat of Mozilla. Now it's a dozen times more bloated than Mozilla ever was. There's a big flaw with open source code in that they want to have lots of dynamic linked libraries and they also use design patters unnecessarily, both of which make for massively bloated code.

Using PaleMoon now. It seems they still have too much of the 'modern' stuff for me, but it's still a lot better than the current FireFox which is just getting unbearable.

Why all this clickin' to go back a page? Install a mouse-gesture plugin!

I tried it per your suggestion.
It looks fine but there is one webpage is doesn't load well and just because of that I doubt it's effectiveness.

It might also be because I had scriptblocker on but when I disabled it, the webpage still wouldn't load correctly.

Any wisdom you can share please?

Thanks.

Last edited:
IE is a VIRUS and it should be DESTROYED as quickly as possible!! I delete all references to it from my PC!!!! :)

IE for me is for Instantly Erase!

How can I trust a piece of software from MS that puts all basic and fundamental options under the advanced tab and listed irresponsibly, and links with the file manager, video player and the operating system and god knows what!

Back
Top Bottom