The First Templar - Interview @ Everbody Plays

Dhruin

SasqWatch
UK site Everybody Plays has interviewed Haemimont game designer Bissar Dynakov about The First Templar. Here's a bit about historical accuracy, although the videos I've seen would seem to push the boudaries pretty hard:
he First Templar is a co-operative action adventure game, set in a dark and gritty portrayal of the late 13th Century during the Crusades where old friends become enemies, corruption spreads throughout the Church and once noble knights oppress the weak and renounce their oaths.

Follow the path of two unlikely heroes on their search for the Holy Grail. The young french Templar Celian teams up with the noble lady and proclaimed heretic Marie to unveil a grand conspiracy within the Order of the Knights Templar. The heroes face powerful opponents at every turn including the Saracen, King Philip of France and the Holy Inquisition.

The First Templar offers a captivating campaign that can be enjoyed alone or cooperatively with a friend. When playing solo, the player can switch freely between the two characters, leaving the control of the second hero to the game's AI. At any time, a second player may join in and take control of the second hero.

Are you strong enough to fight your enemies with different weapons, unique combos or team attacks and unravel the biggest mystery of mankind...?
Thanks, Zohaib.
More information.

"There will be day-one DLC available" :-/

Although I suppose on the plus side it's just that 'exclusive level' the Steam version is getting. It won't be completely exclusive, just that Steam gets it for free when others (presumably) have to pay for it.

Still sounds like EA style tactics to me though. Not what I would expect from a small developer but maybe I am not jaded enough.

this game is bull
the writing is lame.

My gut is telling me this game is going to be terrible. I hope im wrong.

I might give this a try i'm assuming no demo since it releases in a few days.

if i recall the publisher and developer both have a good track record with demos so here's to hoping.

"There will be day-one DLC available" :-/

Although I suppose on the plus side it's just that 'exclusive level' the Steam version is getting. It won't be completely exclusive, just that Steam gets it for free when others (presumably) have to pay for it.

This really turned me off the game. I canceled my amazon pre-order when I read about the Steam exclusive level. I hate being treated like a second-class customer because of where I choose to buy a game. I might put up with that crap for a huge release like Deus Ex 3, but not for some small developer game I was trying to show support for. Don't support me and I don't support you.

I'll grab the game discounted someday.

Game was supposed to be released on 6th. Nobody has played it yet?

If you like the game - then look out for the action-adventure called "The Cursed Crusade", saw it at the RPC today at dtp's booth ... It's basically a game of a crusade with 2 people (again, co-op, with the other one being driven by AI if you play it in SP mode) who are taking part in that crusade - and who are cursed. They must take part in that crusade in order to get their curse ... lifted ? - Both of them can go into a kind of parallel dimension, and it was called a "hell mode". Everything indeed looks like the name says. But being too long in that "parallel dimension" makes you dying too fast - and that, although the character is stronger meanwhile being in that parallel dimension.

GamersGlobal has a (German) review up. They think it's entertaining but has a couple of issues. Too short (12 hours), looks like shit (they're willing to ignore this), RPG elements very thin (they call it RPG ultra-light), balancing issues combined with no in-game change of difficulty, you see everything in the first couple of hours. The 6/10 sound a bit harsh, but that's normal nowadays for non-AAA games.

If other reviews confirm this iompression it sounds like a good budget purchase.

Back
Top Bottom