Risen 3: Titan Lords - New Screenshots

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
Nice! This game has a style and the developers fought hard to maintain the outlook above the level of mediocre.

The screenshots look nice. Very similar to Risen 2. I'm hoping the game is more open than just water areas, though.

Vurt, do you have a link for that preview so I can read it?

I hope they try remake of Gothic 3.

The screenshots look nice. Very similar to Risen 2. I'm hoping the game is more open than just water areas, though.

Vurt, do you have a link for that preview so I can read it?

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...opic/page3?p=22830777&viewfull=1#post22830777

"No open forest or open fields. The only really open area is the sea."

sounds super lame and not something i would even consider playing. But who knows, maybe he's talking crap or just played for 5 minutes.

Edit: though there are similar reports in that thread, and fans that even defends it

"I, for one, like tubular world design. Sure beats vast plains and deserts full of nothing we saw in Gothic 3,"

:/

Last edited:
I get enough of a series of a tubes on the internet.

I wish they would do a hi-def remake of the original gothic. Put it on consoles so I can sit on my couch and the controls don't give me arthritis.

I didn't get much illumination out of the video. I fastforwarded a lot, but it seemed like he never left that dock area. I certainly can't tell if we are in for 3d chutes and ladders or not. What did you get out of it?

What did you get out of it?
Well, there's a second video too which shows going up into the mountains to the mages guild.
Here's what I got out of it: Good detail, reminds me of Gothic. Improved animations and textures. I like the way it looks, the rats scurrying around, ducks walking on the wharf, decent amount of clutter. The bad part is that it seems to validate the "tunnel" criticism. The path up the mountain, for example, gives you a choice of which cave (literally a tunnel) to go through on your way, there does not seem to be any ability to scramble up rocks or ledges or even stray from the path.
In spite of that, I like the atmosphere more than in Risen 2. I guess we'll have to see if the gameplay makes up for the limits. Oddly, I'm slightly reassured because I was prepared for it to be worse than Risen 2 and that does not seem to be the case.

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...opic/page3?p=22830777&viewfull=1#post22830777

sounds super lame and not something i would even consider playing. But who knows, maybe he's talking crap or just played for 5 minutes.

Edit: though there are similar reports in that thread, and fans that even defends it

"I, for one, like tubular world design. Sure beats vast plains and deserts full of nothing we saw in Gothic 3,"

:/

That's very disappointing. It looks like this will be the only game i don't buy from these guys.

We would all be fools to accept the word of one person who played nothing but a demo version for a few minutes as an indicator of whether or not we should buy the game.

We would all be fools to accept the word of one person who played nothing but a demo version for a few minutes as an indicator of whether or not we should buy the game.

My thoughts exactly. Who's to say the game doesn't open up more after that demo area, too? I have faith in Piranha Bytes after playing Risen 2.

The game takes place on rocky islands so it somewhat justifies its level design. Im not fan of corridors but I wouldnt want some really big open forests in this setting. Now this setting looks at least a little original in comparison to usual fantasy forests and fields. I just hope that they dont destroy exploration and make there enough crossroads and creeks and hidden places etc.

They also use old engine which is unable to render big open terrain in required quality so they are forced to stick to more corridor-like approach.

I really hope they try SOMETHING a little different than the endless remakes of Gothic 1.
It's worked wonders for Rockstar, Bethesda and to an extent Bioware.

I need to get around to playing the first two games.

As for this one, so what if its linear as long as it's fun.

I don't see any reason why every game needs to be open world.

I kind of like the look of it so far, but if they are going that linear with no open world, then they're cutting their own throats. Two Thumbs Down.

Back
Top Bottom