Drakensang - New QA Manager

I hope he sees the inherent quality of the pen and paper Drakensang rp system and makes them switch over to it, making the game go from good to instant classic.

Well, that is a different story. It's nearly impossible to implement ALL of the system, because it's simply too complex.

To me, that's nothing new; in fact, its complexity kept me away from looking into it this far.

I just point out to the official forums, German and English, where you can participate in the discussions. http://www.anaconda-games.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=64

Well, that is a different story. It's nearly impossible to implement ALL of the system, because it's simply too complex.

Indeed. It's like asking for a game to have a system with the full potential of GURPS. Madness!

I was a bit disappointed that they removed priests and karma spells, but I can understand it. Do a bit of it, and it right, don't do all of it and end up doing it wrong.

To me, that's nothing new; in fact, its complexity kept me away from looking into it this far.

I just point out to the official forums, German and English, where you can participate in the discussions. http://www.anaconda-games.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=64

That was a bad format on my part, I typed rpg combat system and tried to take out rpg because it sounded stupid. So what I ended up with with somehow is rp system, instead of combat system, which is far more stupid.

My only gripe with this game is that it will be RT. And because of that single gripe I see a trickle effect on other things that are very important to me, such as mindless hordes of weak and underpowered enemies, mad-phat potion drinking, and boring.

I have no complaints about editing the dialogue. FO1 and 2 had really short dialogues for the most part. I don't care about romance or that nonsense, but if your going to make a game that is combat focused, make combat meaningful and challenging, not just a mindless time fill.

I posted a couple times on their forum when it first opened, and two things were aparant: the hot graphics attracted a generation of gamers that thing bioware games have good combat somehow, and the creators of this game (rightfully) want this game to have selling potential to recoup development costs. And the development costs are high because they want fancy graphics, and they want fancy graphics because they are more interested in making a popular game than a good game (wrongfully).

Both parties are useless to talk to (coming from where I am coming from), and want what they want, and like what they like, and I have no place in their conversations.

I'll buy the game, I might enjoy it for a little while, but I'm not waiting for it with baited breath, and I probably won't write home about it. At the very least it will make me crave for the RoA trilogy, which is good, since I like playing those games over and over anyways.

Back
Top Bottom