The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Today was Tea Leaf Green and Widespread Panic pretty much all day at work (with a little Judas Priest sprinkled in towards the end of the day)

The Smiths, debut album. Legendary

Strangely, i dont really like the rest of their stuff. I mean the compilation "Louder than bombs" is good, but Meat is Murder and The Queen is Dead are just meh… i just cannot get into them.

Their debut is perfect tho. Dark and disturbing, angsty as hell, yet strangely comical at times. Morrisey's crooning - either you love his voice or hate it. And those bizarre falsetto sections, lol...

The Smiths, debut album. Legendary

Strangely, i dont really like the rest of their stuff. I mean the compilation "Louder than bombs" is good, but Meat is Murder and The Queen is Dead are just meh… i just cannot get into them.

Their debut is perfect tho. Dark and disturbing, angsty as hell, yet strangely comical at times. Morrisey's crooning - either you love his voice or hate it. And those bizarre falsetto sections, lol…

My wife was a huge fan, and I came to it later through her ... I like about an album's worth of stuff between all three. Think they are all pretty good, really.

Back to the special year in my life that 1989 was, I'm currently listening to my favorite Rainbirds album : Call Me Easy, Say I'm Strong, Love Me My Way, It Ain't Wrong and particularly this song : http://youtu.be/fyd-O68muWg Too bad Katharina Franck got lost with her following association with Ulrike Haage… This very year I was discovering The Sugar Cubes and the incredible singer leading the band… http://youtu.be/fq2dWTBVZD4
What a year ! :)

Mercyful Fate's "Melissa"

Legendary in the pantheon of metal holy grails, this album is one of the heaviest and darkest slabs of metal I've ever heard. Get the first couple "rockin" tracks out of the way, and suddenly you realize youre not in Kansas anymore. "Into the Coven" begins the descent. King Diamond's wailing and shrieking is the sound of evil lunacy, and takes some getting used to that's for sure - but once you do it's a quick spiral into a dark realm of evil spirits, dark dieties, satanic covens, and human sacrifice. Recommended only to the heaviest of metalheads

Now "howl like a wolf, and a witch will open the door…"

Last edited:
Friday on my mind…

Bruce:

Gary:

Stevie:

Easybeats:

Addlestone Gate:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom