The Witcher - Enhanced Edition Preview @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
IGN has a nifty preview of CD Projekt's Enhanced Witcher. We already know all the new features but it's nice to read about the details:
Aside from more load time improvements and other technical improvements, one of the best improved features will undoubtedly be the inventory system. Player inventory has been reconfigured to be split into two categories: alchemical items and everything else. There's also now a button to auto sort your items by further category so that all like items (scrolls or potions or books) will move next to each other and any duplicate items will automatically stack. There will also be buttons that can be used in the alchemical items section that can be pushed to highlight substances with specific ingredients so that you don't have to click through them all. This system should definitely make the stash inventory much more manageable. Combined with a small improvement to the alchemy system that will allow players to see which of the ingredients needed to create a specific potion isn't in their inventory should make the extensive potion gameplay features much more fun to use.
More information.

I supposed we can download everything in the enhanced edition package including the music CD, pdf version of the short story booklet and map?

I supposed we can download everything in the enhanced edition package including the music CD, pdf version of the short story booklet and map?

From reading that article, it looks like we get to. Though I wouldn't mind buying the Enhanced Edition again to get the physical stuff. I wouldn't mind giving more money to CDproject Red.

Excellent. I wish I'd had those inventory enhancements the first playthrough!

And yeah, we're supposed to get it for free, but I'm very strongly considering buying another copy to support those guys. I just really like them. At the very least, I'll buy a copy for a friend of mine as a gift as I haven't yet been able to convince him to buy it.

From reading that article, it looks like we get to. Though I wouldn't mind buying the Enhanced Edition again to get the physical stuff. I wouldn't mind giving more money to CDproject Red.

Ive thought abt that too but I allready have the big CE and I have only limited shelfspace. Perhaps if I can fit the new edition inside the box of CE I could buy it cheap as an addon.

I'm going to buy the enhanced edition for sure, not only to support CDPR, but because i like to have it in physical form. ;)

Back
Top Bottom