Demonicon - New Official Site, Screens

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Kalypso sent us a press release announcing a new official web site for Demonicon that offers 14 new screenshots at this point:
Journey into the Darkness at the Official "Demonicon" Web Site
Bracknell, UK, 18th, 2012 - Kalypso Media today unveiled the official web site for The Dark Eye - Demonicon, the upcoming third person action-RPG for consoles and Windows PC. The new site, available at http://worldofdemonicon.com, offers game info, new screens and trailers that showcase the dark world of The Dark Eye - Demonicon, and its insidious inhabitants.

Visit the official The Dark Eye - Demonicon web site here

The Dark Eye - Demonicon is a thrilling action-RPG set in the extraordinarily popular universe of “The Dark Eye”, a richly crafted fantasy world beloved by fantasy gamers throughout the world.

The Dark Eye - Demonicon tells the tragic story of a brother and sister who become pawns of sinister forces in a world of cruelty and depravity. In this bleak yet magical world, their affection is both a blessing and a curse. Both are constantly threatened by mortal danger and demonic temptation, and must find a way through their tortured lives by facing serious moral decisions. Their common destiny will determine that of the entire continent, and will be decided by the choices they make. Hordes of fiends block their way to freedom and peace, and only through battle and magic they will truly become free of the darkness.
Thanks to Zohaib for a similar submission.
More information.

Yep. So its a witcher clone set in TDE world... enthusiasm receding....

is that GFWL down at the bottom?

Games For Windows, not GFWL. GFW is just a set of standards (like widescreen support), but it doesn't have the Live requirement - Risen and The Witcher were GFW but not GFWL.

I don't like the way it turned out to be at all.

Okay, as a Drakensang 2 fan I'm hopelessly biased - I hope that everyone here forgives me saying that I don't like this "darkness" in this game. ;)

But in a way the setting is actually that dark : The game is taking place in the so called "Black Lands", nowadays rather called "Shadow Lands", and everything there is rather horror-themed.

It's just a matter of taste in my case, since I just don't like anthing even remotely horror-themed.

Well I like it. If it turns out to be a witcher clone then good. This is a third person action rpg. This is not Drakensang 3 completely different games and developers.

If this turns out to be a witcher clone (Dark, Grim, heavy on the CnC, quality written NPCs and plot), but with an actually deep and detailed character system (TDE obviously) then I am most certainly interested!(*)

That said I would have preferred to actually be able to buy River of time…
Oh well some day on GoG, I hope :)

(* then again what are the chances? ;) )

Back
Top Bottom