Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Play Like A Lunatic @ GameSpot

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Play Like A Lunatic at GameSpot looks at roleplaying an "unhinged maniac" in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
Most people won't want to rush through Deus Ex: Human Revolution. With a vast conspiracy at the heart of its story and a deep upgrade system that lets you outfit yourself with a variety of cybernetic augmentations to suit your own preferred play style, this is a role-playing shooter where a measured, methodical approach is often the most rewarding one. But it's not a game that tells you what to do, so if you'd prefer to play like an unhinged maniac with an itchy trigger finger and a deeply held distrust of others, well, that's a path you can take. In fact, it's one we tried for ourselves with Human Revolution's Electronic Entertainment Expo demo--with the help of some serious role playing.
More information.

That is how I like to play as I generally hate sneaking through levels. Splinter cell game I hated with a passion when you couldn't be spotted or it was game over.

Doesn't strike me as the best way to test a game's capabilities, though. Kind of a wasted opportunity for someone pretending to be a member of the press...

Well, as explained by the reviewer, this test was done from a RPG perspective.

Shows the scope of the response when a player chooses this behaviour which is rather shallow answer as it is only on the spot answers.

RPGs would increase if this kind of behaviour induces a long lasting response from the environment with NPCs answering according to a manic shooting first and asking questions later. This should close and open opportunities as one does treat equivalently with one PC favouring negotiation and with one PC who prefers to let the guns do the talking.

So yep, the game allows that type of behaviour but very shallowly with no adequate answer on the time base of the test.

Back
Top Bottom