What games are you playing now?

been dabbling in Saints Row2 over the last few days, and I've come to the realization that the crime-spree subgenre may finally be lost on me for good. I just cant get excited about it anymore. GTA Vice City was fun, I played the hell out of that game. Perhaps too much :\

Worse yet, I still have GTA IV waiting in the wings.

Run over one old lady with a garbage truck while playing 80's hair metal on the radio, youve run over them all. Meh

Now back to a REAL game - Disciples II!

SR2 and GTA IV are sort of similar but different. SR2 is quite silly whereas GTA IV is more serious.

I'll admit I enjoyed GTA IV more (At first) than I did SR2, but I think that if SR2 had a higher level of polish (And wasn't a crap port) and some tweaks it could have been a very close contest.

I'm actually playing the 360 version of Sr2, I bought it once upon a time on D2D and it was unplayable on my older XP system. To my surprise, it actually has run like a slideshow on my 360 at times as well! I was floored, here I thought that this wasnt an issue with consoles....

I think that part of the problem is that I'm not big on driving games, and these games are so dependent on driving. I suck at it, it's literally a challenge for me to simply keep the car on the road let alone accomplish something w/ it. And I veer off too much on just causing havok, maybe I need to stay focused on just doing missions. But that's the fun of an open world tho, right?

Borderlands works perfect for me and my girlfriend. We play a couple of missions per day for an hour or two. It's fun to just drop in, shoot some stuff, then go back to everyday business.

I'm actually playing the 360 version of Sr2, I bought it once upon a time on D2D and it was unplayable on my older XP system. To my surprise, it actually has run like a slideshow on my 360 at times as well! I was floored, here I thought that this wasnt an issue with consoles….
Ah, I have the PC version (Steam). It's a buggy game, I'll agree. Actually, buggy isn't the word for it. I managed to work my way through it, though!

I think that part of the problem is that I'm not big on driving games, and these games are so dependent on driving. I suck at it, it's literally a challenge for me to simply keep the car on the road let alone accomplish something w/ it. And I veer off too much on just causing havok, maybe I need to stay focused on just doing missions. But that's the fun of an open world tho, right?
Again, I agree with you. GTA IV is much better for driving IMHO, because SR2's cars handle like drunken elephants on skateboards on ice. Going in a straight line is fine, but as soon as you need to deviate from that it all goes to hell.

I'd say persevere with SR2 if you can. It's not a great game, more a game with high potential. If you do get fed up with it, then I promise you that GTA IV is worth your time.

been dabbling in Saints Row2 over the last few days, and I've come to the realization that the crime-spree subgenre may finally be lost on me for good.

Ever play Kane and Lynch: Dead Men? If not, check it out. I'm generally not a big fan of those kind of games, but K&L was a blast.

I wondered : "This game is called 'Dragon Age'. Now, are there actually dragons in it ? And why is it called the age of dragons ?

Now I'm going to find this out. A fellow Drakensang fan who was - as he says - very disappointed with Dragon Age, gave me his collector's edition. Actually, no joke. I still don't know why I have deserved this.

And he is eager to find out what I'll think of this game. ;)

On the other hand he is still looking out for a game like Drakensang. Yesterday I told him about Nehrim. Perhaps he'll like it, and he has bought Oblivion recently, too.

Okay, thanks.

Why "Age" - because it's a time when ancient banished gods reappear and they have the form of a dragon.
Yes, but not exactly. In Thedas, they have an age every ~100yrs. A dragon appeared over Ferelden (I believe) towards the end of the previous age, and as such the next one (i.e. the current one in terms of the games) is the Dragon Age.

The old gods only ever reappear, seemingly, if one is corrupted by the Darkspawn and turns into an Archdemon, heralding a Blight

I picked up Drakensang: The River of Time yesterday, and I'll probably start playing later today. I hope it's as fun as the first one!

Also (yeah, I still haven't gotten over it): the fact that it cost half the price of SC2 did not escape my attention.

Been playing the Arcania demo. Having issues with some regenerating little cave bugs at the moment, so I'm still not sure about this one. They regenerate health faster than I regenerate mana which is not fair!!

Been playing the Arcania demo. Having issues with some regenerating little cave bugs at the moment, so I'm still not sure about this one. They regenerate health faster than I regenerate mana which is not fair!!

Yeah, those things were a pain in the ass. You have to hit them with lightning, then immediately switch to your melee weapon and pound them as many times as possible before they go back into their shell.

Those were the least of my issues with the game though...

Playing Venetica, Nehrim and just finished Grotesque Tactics. Venetica is too easy, bump that sucker up to hard if you ever get it. Nehrim is great. It's exactly what everyone says, a mix between Gothic and Oblivion. Grotesque was fun. I went into more detail about it here. It's a short game, but not too short for its price.

Shame on you for not listening to the Witch with the charming voice!

Finally finished the demo. I really hate the lack of a regular cursor.

Back
Top Bottom