Legends of Pegasus

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Novacore Studios Website has news that the Legends of Pegasus developer has declared insolvency, and has ceased operations.

The Kalypso Forums confirm this means an end to support for the recently released 4X strategy game, inspiring frustration in users hoping that some show-stopper bugs, some of whom are now inquiring about whether this should entitle them to refunds. Here's Kalypso's explanation of the situatuion-
Developer Novacore had to fine for bancruptcy this week. We assume there will be no further development of patches for Legends of Pegasus but cannot make any statements on the state of the bancruptcy.

It is also legally not possible for us to just hand out the source code of the game for further community development as the code also includes software that is not open source.

This situation is very unsatisfactory, for us but of course especially for you. But it is all we can say for now.

I had high hopes for this game but it turned out to be another unfinished project like Sword of the Stars 2.

Port Royale 3 failed bad, too. It isn't looking good for El Presidente and Kalypso.

The Novacore Studios Website has news that the Legends of Pegasus developer has declared insolvency, and has ceased operations.

The Kalypso Forums confirm this means an end to support for the recently released 4X strategy game, inspiring frustration in users hoping that some show-stopper bugs, some of whom are now inquiring about whether this should entitle them to refunds. Here's Kalypso's explanation of the situatuion-

I had high hopes for this game but it turned out to be another unfinished project like Sword of the Stars 2.

entitled to refunds? good luck getting that from a bankruptcy court. its too bad they didn't release the source code before filing for bankruptcy.

edit: oh wait - its the developer that filed not the publisher. this completely delays anything they can do - the court is not just going to hand them the source code if they think its worth something. hopefully they can be convinced its in the best interest of the customers.

Last edited:
They've got third party code in their source code so I don't think they can release the whole thing to the public. Plus it's an asset which means the creditors have first dibs on it anyway.

Sad. I saw this game at one Games Com.
I really wanted to try it.

If it's getting discounted I will get it anyway. I do so with most games I play demos of at conventions or the Games Com.
Especially if you've talked to some of the developers yourself ...

I heard from someone who got the game it was and to some extent, still is buggy and now there is no chance of fixes from the company. Can't confirm personally but a heads up before anyone buys a discount copy.

SotS 2 has at least been saved by a horde of patches. It is still not entirely complete, but it has gone from unplayable to enjoyable (if a bit crash prone).

Not on release it wasn't but yes it took 10 or more huge patches to make it playable. Its still unforgivable of the developers though. Were not bug testers of betas.

I heard from someone who got the game it was and to some extent, still is buggy and now there is no chance of fixes from the company. Can't confirm personally but a heads up before anyone buys a discount copy.

The game is playable but yes there are some bugs still. A few were fixed. Its a disappointment but can be entertaining at times. If you can buy it cheap yes I recommend but not at full price.

Back
Top Bottom