Original Sin - Update #30 , Companions, Editor Magic, Mixing Physical with Digital

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Larain is back with a new update with 27 hours left in the Original Sin kickstarter. The update covers a couple of topics as the countdown continues.
27 hours left!!!

Well, the title says it all. It looks like we're going to make the Companions stretch goal, but are we going to make the NPC schedules goal ? They say anything is possible on Kickstarter, but there's still some distance cover. The only thing that's sure is that we'll know tomorrow!

Companions, revisited

Our latest companions video update wasn't very good. That's why we did a new one, containing much more information on exactly what it is we're planning to do, and what the difference is between Henchmen and Companions. It's a bit of a designer class and it features Swen's most horrible handwriting, but hopefully it'll answer the questions people have been asking.

Editor magic

We have a cool game editor and we like showing it off because we want the modding community to seriously start thinking about what RPG adventures they're going to make with it. In this latest editor update, Wannes, whizkid extraordinaire shows you how you can modify materials in Divinity: Original Sin to achieve some very cool effects. Cool stuff!

Physical Add-ons For Digital Tiers Now Possible!

Feel free to browse our physical add-ons, pick the ones you like and add their cost + shipping to your digital pledge!

• Shipping within Europe: $10

• Shipping to the rest of the world: 15$
In Closing

We can't believe how fast the pledge counter is going. To be honest, while we dreamt of it, we never expected that we'd even have a chance of reaching the NPC schedule stretch goal. Now it looks like during the final countdown, it could actually happen, though it'll still require a mad end-rush. One thing is sure - if we make this stretch goal, we'll need extra room in the office! I wish I had a crystal ball.
More information.

Me neither.

I checked the kickstarter webpage and it was updated. Maybe a glitch in the email system they use.

I think that video now explains the Companion / Henchmen thing pretty well.

Edit: the following comment from the KS may clear up a little more, and explains what the design a henchman tier entails:

Larian said:
Jan - Writer@LarianStudios 2 minutes ago

Okay, let's clear up some confusion!

If you pledge to back a henchman you will get to design a character and yes, he or she will have a unique background and dialogue. The difference between them and companions is simply that the story line of companions will be very deep and diverse - like Dragon Commander. There will be a limited number of them because they require very very much work. We can't possible do that for every henchman.

But that is where the difference ends. You'll make the guy or girl you like; design their look; their abilities; their build; their background; what they have to say. They will feel like individuals, not puppets, it's just that they won't have separate quests.

Have another look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch…

Between minutes 3.04 and 3.34 you can see Axel customising a character. This is an example of how you'll be able to create a look for your hench(wo)man.

I hope this answer helps to undo the confusion!

$800K stretch goal unlocked (KS + Paypal as posted on the front page) :)
26 hours left to raise another $200k...

Even if they don't make $200K in this short time, they'll probably get it eventually through paypal donations. I think the option will remain open in their website.

So much suspense! This is going to be very very close.

@Frozen fireball, yup i agree. With the continued PayPal pledges rolling in after the Kickstarter ends, that final stretch goal looks mighty attainable :)

P.S. Swen's handwriting: bloody hell! Those "m"s and "n"s are the stuff of nightmares :p

Back
Top Bottom