Grimoire - Latest

I sure hope you can keep your RL identity secret 'till this blows over. ;)

Australia is a LONG way to travel, just to get revenge!! :)

I wonder if giving the beta away got him motivated? Is he responding to your e-mails?

Actually, no-one has asked me for a copy of the beta, and I've lost his email as I'm wont to do everytime I have to re-install T'Bird.

So was the beta any good...I remember you writing about this awhile back....You can give away the beta? would be neat to see.

Corwin,

I know how much you liked the Beta but it's been so ling snce Cleve said anything, I thought the project had been scrubbed. If Cleve can even get a semi-working demo out by the expected date I'm willing to buy it.

Shaf

Yes, all the hate I received the last time I wrote anything about Grimoire. The beta was excellent, with only a few scripting bugs that were real game breakers. However, fixing those problems was becoming a nightmare and last I heard from Cleve he planned to try using a completely different scripting language to bypass the errors. For example:- fairly early in the game, you meet your first shopkeeper who also happens to have on him a VITAL item. Simply put, you complete a quest and get the item which is essential to open up most of the game. However, if you buy from the shopkeeper prior to getting this item, the script re-stocks the shop and in doing so, overwrites his original inventory and deletes this item forever!! Nothing Cleve could do would stop that overwriting!!

The game itself would be loved by anyone who enjoyed Wizardry, EOB, Lands of Lore1, etc. Oh, it's TOUGH as well with no hand holding to help you with the puzzles. I've actually written a walkthru for the FREE part of the game which should take 20-30 hours and is about 10% of the total game!!

Grimoire forever. At least the man is capable of self irony :)

Damn, I hate insider jokes.

Hey, one thing I really liked about Cleve when I met him, was his self-deprecating sense of humour!!

Hey, one thing I really liked about Cleve when I met him, was his self-deprecating sense of humour!!

Cleve has a great sense of humour. I particularly enjoyed the joke he once told on his forum accusing a previous Sir-Tech employee who had recently passed away of being a paedophile. Oh, how I chuckled.

My problem with Grimoire is that while I can enjoy a good dungeon crawl in vein of EOB, I won't ever willingly give my money to a neo-nazi.

Ah, and so the character assassination war goes on. Each side seeks to trump the other with some ridiculous accusation. It's quite tiresome. Let's stick to the game, folks. There's enough uninformed opinion on the game itself to float a boat, so there's no need to go beyond that just to make a stupid comment.

If it is not released... promise to send me the beta Corwin!... quite intressed in this game.

I agree, let's for once leave the character "assessment" (as assassination suggests it's wholly unwarranted, which it may or may not be) of the creator out of this, and stick to the creation. Or lack of.

If it never does see the light of day, I too would be interested to see the beta. I'm hoping it won't come to that though.

I say this everytime there is some news about Grimoire, but I am looking forward to playing this. Wizardry 6 is one of my all time favourites and Grimoire bears an uncanny resemblance to it.

Back
Top Bottom