Kickstarter - Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Kuki writes in, asking us to mention the Kickstarter for Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse. It's a classic adventure and well out of our mandate but I'm sure a number of readers will be interested. There's only 14 hours to go on their Kickstarter, which has almost doubled their original $400k goal, so you'll need to get moving:
Broken Sword is a point and click adventure game series starring unwilling hero George Stobbart, an intrepid American lawyer, and Nico Collard, a sassy French freelance journalist. Through the series George and Nico are unwittingly drawn into sinister and terrifying conspiracies, requiring them to uncover ancient mysteries and unravel myths across the globe. Nerve, cunning and guile are essential in order to conquer these compelling adventures.
The four games in the series have won or been nominated for many awards, including:
  • 4 BAFTAs (Best Adventure, Best Story, Best PC Game, Best Design)
  • Best European Adventure - European Game Awards
  • Best Video Game Script - Writer's Guild of Great Britain
  • Pocket Gamer Gold Award - Pocket Gamer Awards
  • Excellence in Writing - Game Developers Choice Awards
The games are regularly awarded exceptional review scores: for example Broken Sword: Director's Cut (iPhone) currently has a Metacritic (average) score of 91%!
More information.

Thank you very very much for posting this Dhurin! :)

There is still time for people that doesn't know about this great project and that is to make new Broken Sword game that will be even better than first 2 Broken Sword games :)

Please check main video and updates!

Best,
Kuki

I have to play the first one again.I never did beat that goat and had no internets to solve it back then.

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea another Broken Sword was being made. I'll put some money on it when i get home.

You know, I'm sad to say I never heard of this series. However, I do know Beneath a Steel Sky - it's one of the few Adventure games from the 90's I ever played, and I absolutely loved it. I'm throwing 50$ in so I can play all these games, and replay BaSS :)

With all of these adventure and rpg games getting kickstarters next they need to do a kickstarter for a new Quest for Glory (or something similar) game.

You can get first three parts in a indiegala bundle for less than 6$ at the moment

With all of these adventure and rpg games getting kickstarters next they need to do a kickstarter for a new Quest for Glory (or something similar) game.
Yes, there will be a kickstarter for a new Corey and Lori Ann Cole game starting on October 19th.

Hero-U
http://www.hero-u.net/leaders/hiya-hiya-hiya/

and another similar project is already funded.

Quest For Infamy
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1992695780/quest-for-infamy-an-adventure-game-by-infamous-que

yes it just hit $800k and last goal :)

there is still few hour time to pledge and get great stuff out of it.

I was once a fan of this series.
As such, I'm listed in the credits of the third game. ;)

I didn't like 3d graphic in the 3rd game.

I am happy that this is going to basics :) just like Obsidian does with Eternity :)

Lots of developers going back to basic recently. I expect it to continue if those Kickstarters (and Larian's games) are popular.

We might be entering the age of self-funded and self-published developers. This also mean less consoles games and more PC/mobiles ones. Oh and Mac/Linux support.

Thanks for posting, just backed this with 30 min to go.
The first two games were great. I remember my girlfriend at that time got so interested we played the second Broken Sword together - the best of both worlds ;).

yes it just hit $800k and last goal :)

there is still few hour time to pledge and get great stuff out of it.

Strange, I only see 771k$.

BTW, thx Dhruin for posting this, I am a huge adventure gamer and try to fit in a few adventure games every year into my playing queue.

Yes thx Durin again.

I knew that many people here will know Broken Sword adventures. I look at them as equal to PST in RPGs :)

Back
Top Bottom