Kingdom Elemental - v1.4 Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This is the second newsbit today with a strategy twist, with Chronic Logic writing in to tell us v1.4 of their indie strategy/RPG title Kingdom Elemental Tactics has been released. We last covered this when we did an interview at RPGDot, while other readers may recognise Chronic Logic from their well known indie games Gish and Bridge Construction Set. Here is the press release:
August 21st, 2007 - Santa Cruz, California - Chronic Logic announces the release of Kingdom Elemental Tactics version 1.4, a major update to Kingdom Elemental, a real-time tactics game from Chronic Logic and Liberation Games. KE:Tactics takes core game play elements from real-time strategy, tactics, and role-playing games and combines them into a game that is painfully easy to pick up and play without committing your entire life, unless you have no life...in which case you may not find Kingdom Elemental to be an adequate substitute.

Kingdom Elemental features nigh unlimited number of possible tactics by pitting combinations of your upgradeable heroes and their unique abilities against hordes of unique enemies like GIANT RAT MOBS! Everyone loves giant rat mobs with their secret furry pockets full of gold and armor! Seriously no giant rat mobs, but thARR be Pirates! Giant War Pigs! A crypt full of living dead who are just begging to be killed.....again. Knights who no longer say "Ni!", a Flaming DOOM bear who would like nothing more then to BBQ you for lunch, and so much more!

The demo is free to check out so you have nothing to lose...except maybe your soul. In short Kingdom Elemental Tactics is like a whack to the head with a +8 Sword of Awesomeness! Kingdom Elemental is only available for Windows, but we hope to be able to provide an OSX and Linux version in the future.

Try the free demo today:
http://www.chroniclogic.com/ke_download.htm

Gameplay Trailer on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xbt6RodVQ

More information about Kingdom Elemental Tactics can be found at:
http://www.chroniclogic.com/ke.htm

Screenshots:
http://www.chroniclogic.com/ke_screens.htm
More information.

Looks like another demo to add to my ever-increasing collection. If this keeps up, I may not have to buy a game til the Witcher comes out. ;)

Given that they mention possibly an OS X version, I might hold out for that. Otherwise it has to get in queue ...

It doesn't show up for me in the dark format!!

Played the demo for a bit. It's hard to think of it as really a game, just some stripped down parts of strat and rpg formulas, assembled in a kind of mini-game format. I know I griped about not getting a tutorial w/the Two Worlds demo; not to be harsh, but this is a game that has one but doesn't need one, and certainly not one dripping with sarcasm. The attempt to be oh so funny during the intro kind of falls flat.

It has a few chuckles here and there, though. :)

The " game" seems to be sort of a series of duels where you click your way to victory against advancing waves of monsters, defeat them, rinse and repeat.

Maybe fun for a time filler at work, etc. there's some strategy involved, I'm sure, but being interrupted every five seconds and reminded to buy the full version made me less than eager to explore all the possibilities, if any.

Last edited:
I thought it was kinda fun, but the constant full version begging was bullshit, literally every couple minutes the guys saying some Bob Saget-grade witty comments with a plea to buy the game. Ive never seen a game go to this level of begging. Also, I think it wasnt nice to start out a battle, let you select and set up all your units then PSYCHE! BUY THE FULL VERSION BEFORE YOU CAN GO THIS FAR!

Yeah, real funny

If your game is good enough people will buy it, if anything put a time limit on the demo to make people want more. It's soured me on buying it purrsonally, and I am interested in small games like this to sneak on my work pc

... my enthusiasm waned in real-time as I read those last two posts ...

Back
Top Bottom