Anyone playing GW2?

Fluent if you get a chance on a free weekend you should give the game a try. No of offense to Dart as his opinions are thoughtful, but he has pretty much stated he is matching his negativity to the hype surrounding the game. Remember he started out liking the game and praising some of the mechanics. Now he is in typical Dart mode. Everything is a failure and a waste of time. Sorry Dart.

If I can play on a free weekend I will definitely try it. It's not something I want to pay $60 or even $40 for at this time without playing first. There's too many free to play games I want to try first before forking over money for a new game.

I just downloaded Everquest 2 and I'm really enjoying it. The free to play restrictions are not bad at all, although I did pay $5 to unlock all chat options. However, the game is really good. Very in-depth, fun, good quests, huge open-world, etc. I like it. Very similar to LOTRO but different enough to make it interesting. You should give it a try.

I made a quick high res video trying to capture some tactics for my explosive happy Engineer as well as show just how mobile the combat is. Those little buggers look sort of whimpy but they pack a nasty punch, just watch my health. This is why I enjoy the game so much, it feels like a single player game with all that mobility. Check it out in the 720 or 1080 option…

I can't figure out how to embed the video. If anyone knows how I'd be curious :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY37gLJwEoQ

Geeze! How many huge hits / explosions does it take to kill one?

They were a bit beyond me at the time Thrasher.

Hey time for an update. I tried Bandicam and uploaded a ~7 minute 1080p tour of the engineer solo in a lethal area. Basically, its near suicide to attack this place and attempt to rez the fallen NPC allies. I make some progress but it is hard enough to do with a 2 man let alone solo. So it quickly becomes a survival video :)

Level 22. Note the new toys:
- Flame Turret
- Rifle Turret
- Overcharge Shot (pushes back enemy and toon)
- Dodge mine placement (boy I love this one)

Older toys:
- Mine Field
- Blunderbuss shot
- Net Shot

Enjoy! This is pretty fun video :) Don't forget 1080p!!!

http://youtu.be/6TT_Y9SlnmU

Another nice video, Todd. Makes me want to try it at least. The combat looks fast and fun and the environment looked really nice. The music seems really good, too.

Whatever shortcomings the game may have are more than made up for in the gameplay and world. It's a great place to "be".

New video. Basic questing, underwater exploration, vending etc.

Note that you can interact with Vaults and Auction House directly from inventory. This is very convenient. You'll see me store crafting materials and put non-class items on AH...

Is anyone watching these? They are fun to make but if people aren't interested I'll move on.

http://youtu.be/z4fC1FT88n0

I'm watching them. Sadly, due to my connection speed I have to watch them in 360p, so I miss some of the text because it's blurry, but I will re-watch them when I move to my new house this Saturday. But yeah, it's fun to watch someone roaming around doing quests and stuff. The atmosphere and graphics look brilliant. I'd like to see more exploration and questing.

Oh yes you need to see them in full glory. The 1080p looks very good for youtube. They should, the sources are 2 gig each. I'm also going to post a fairly long but (I think) fair comparison to Lotro later. I'll make a new vid too - exploration and questing!

Here's one where I'm trying to wrap up the last achievement on the map - what the call vistas, places to get a panoramic view of the landscape. There are usually 8 or so. Anyway, they always make a few of them particularly hard to get to but this one takes the prize. I didn't make it the first time so figured I'd record the second attempt ;)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ0Y74VzYjM

Watching in 1080p full screen :)

Looks great. I really like that cave location that leads to the vista. The view from the top is pretty cool, too. Combat again looks fast and furious. I bet playing as a Ranger would be extremely fun. I have been playing Rangers in pretty much every RPG I've played lately so I'd like to see how it's done in GW2.

Thanks for the videos, Todd. Cool stuff.

I duo'ed with a ranger last night in a two stage collesium quest battle. The gates kept opening letting in wargs and other nasties and in the end the ranger and I were dancing behind my turrets and mines like the Alamo. Her bow was much higher DPS for sure!

Here's one where I'm trying to wrap up the last achievement on the map - what the call vistas, places to get a panoramic view of the landscape. There are usually 8 or so. Anyway, they always make a few of them particularly hard to get to but this one takes the prize. I didn't make it the first time so figured I'd record the second attempt ;)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ0Y74VzYjM

Why are the enemies spawning in behind you immediately after you kill them? That would drive me crazy(er).

You only have a few minutes before respawn because you are in the public game world. There could be players right behind me. Unless you are talking about where I accidentally stepped on the eggs aka selected them as I loot. 'F' is loot and action key which I do in combat. But if you mean the caves respawn that's just the nature of MMOs.

I rewatched the video. The cave troll was a "normal" respawn. I backed down the hallway too far and retriggered the respawned troll. He was killed at :20 and wasn't there when I was "fighting for survival" and then was there at 1:40 to attack me, so the spawn rate appears to be 110 seconds. I looked it and it is between 110 and 180 depending on the classification.

The 2 spiders at 3:17 that appear out of nowhere are the two spiders I killed at the :40 second mark. I pulled them to me from their spawn area by that spider egg and then unwittingly fought the second engagement by the egg. That battle wrapped 2 minutes later, hence the two spiders respawn.

The nature of it I'm afraid. You can't have a depopulated public world. That said some MMO's like DDO are almost entirely instance based, where respawning can be suppressed partially or entirely.

Back
Top Bottom