Risen how many chapters ? highest level ?

wsony12

Watchdog
how many chapters are in this game ? what is the highest level ? does this game have replay value ? i'm trying to figure out how long of a game this is. thanks

There are 4 chapters. It took me about 50 hours to finish it. My level at the end was 29, I only needed 4,000 XP for level 30, I probably would have achieved it if I would've knocked out the entire town and killed any cattle I met. But I wasn't THAT desperate ;) Did anyone achieve level 30? What was your xp?

The game has very high replay value. I have already completed it four times (Bandit w/sword, Warrior of the Order w/staff, Mage w/Fireball and Bandit w/axe), and I'm on my 5th game now. It's a fantastic game.

I usually complete it around 26-27, doing all the sidequests, but not clearing the map in chapter 3-4 (a lot of respawns then).

It all boils down to when you can wield the biggest weapon type in a single hand, so you can wield it together with a shield. Swords can do that at rank 8, Axes at rank 6. That alone makes Axes the better choice, since you really only need rank 6, and can ignore the rest.

However, at rank 10 they are pretty much equal (same combo), and the Swords in Risen look a whole lot cooler than the Axes. They simply develop differently.

For a power gamer, rank 6 Axes + max strength ASAP is the way to go. If you don't want raw power as fast as possible, you can go with whatever you like. Like I said, the end result is very similar.

I finished at level 27 as a Commandant, even though I played purely as a mage.

@DArtagnan
Once you know the game, and know where to locate a bed at all times, magic is probably easier than melee overall, but you will have to use the "back away while shooting" tactic a lot, especially inside the Volcano. Also, I recommend saving mana pots for that section of the game - there are no beds there, nor near the tombs later on.

@DArtagnan
Once you know the game, and know where to locate a bed at all times, magic is probably easier than melee overall, but you will have to use the "back away while shooting" tactic a lot, especially inside the Volcano. Also, I recommend saving mana pots for that section of the game - there are no beds there, nor near the tombs later on.

I sort of suspected as much. I did save all my potions for this kind of eventuality - though scrolls were rather scarce. I even restricted my healing potion use to light healing potions until the very end-game, because I've played too many of these games :)

I ran around with ~100 of each during the last chapter. Didn't really use that many of the bigger ones, as I tend to be obsessive and just reload whenever I feel I've wasted anything.

I'd just like to say that while many have commented that the game becomes easier in the later chapters, I'd like to say that even though I am level 24 with 10 sword and 101 STR, I am finding certain melee fights in Chapter 4 still challenging. Especially if you take on more than one
Lizardman Warrior / Elite Warrior
or find yourself surrounded. It is not just a walk in the park and you have to use good tactics/strategy. You can't just click your way through if you use melee. I suggest learning some range weapon to increase your choices.

Note: And this is on Normal.

Oops...

What…only 30 levels?… I'm on level 10 and I haven't even decided if I should go to the swamp or to the city… I haven't even continued my conversation with the guy that jumps out on you with a knife in the hut in the beginning…I think his name was Jan…or something…
Did I push the exploration thing a tad too much? do you think I kinda ruined the game for myself and should start over?

@DArtagnan: I am very stingy too :) I didn't use any item yet except for bags to get the money out and a few muscles at the beginning - although I stopped opening them in case there is anything like luck in this game so that everyone would have a pearl inside them :) I Only drink water barrels…

Not at all, you'll do just fine. Chapter 1 and 2 are the biggest by far.

@Maylander

Thanks Maylander... Since yesterday I have been catching up on the quest side of things and am almost done in the swamp... I am saving my game very frequently so that I could still go to Harbor Town without yet joining any fraction...... hope this can be done.... I don't want to miss out before I get to chapter 2.

How does the transition to Chapter 2 occur anyway? Is it story driven? as soon as you join a fraction? experience points? will it hit me with surprise when I reach it? or will I get some kind of sign or warning?

PS
Sorry about hogging your thread wsony12 :)

It's story driven, after you join a faction. You probably won't be too surprised. The big choice is when you decide to join a faction.

Back
Top Bottom