Skyrim - LAA Patch Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bethsoft has released the official Large Address Aware (LAA) patch for Skyrim. As usual, there's an automatic update on Steam and here are the simple notes from the official forums:
An incremental update, 1.3.10, is now up on Steam that adds the following:
  • Support for 4-Gigabyte Tuning (Large Address Aware)
  • Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line
In other Skyrim news, Thrasher writes that it has won GameSpot's Game of the Year (and, not surprisingly, RPG of the Year) and LazyAssGamer sends in Why I Love Some of Skyrim's Bugs.
More information.

yeah, quite adorable bugs, when you have 4 actions for a quest, and you go 1 3, then you are stuck on 2 and can't reach 4

Good news. My only problem is I don't have time to play anything today, in fact I'll be too busy till the end of the week, arrrrrrrgh :(

One (stupid) question. Is there an ini setting/start parameter I must set for this?

It seems to work fine. I didn't experience any crashes after switching from the fan-made LAA patch, to Bethesda's.

I imagine it'll be several months before we see an expansion.

Seems to Work fine the oficial LAA fix.

With loads of texture mods and heavy .ini tweaking, switching from the Fan-made 4gb tweak to the oficial bethesda one i didnt get a single crash after 8 hours of gameplay.

Does this patch's LAA mean that Skyrim will now make use of 4 GB of RAM in my PC rather than a smaller amount previous to this patch? If so, does the use of more RAM in my PC occur automatically or is there anything I would need to do to implement that (I already have the settings maxed out for the most part).

If it uses more RAM then I'd think there would be a noticeable increase in performance, although it seems to perform well for me already.

If you take a look at the unofficial bug list on Bethesda's forum, at this rate (of bug fixes), I calculate that the game will be fully patched in about 75 years. :p

Does this patch's LAA mean that Skyrim will now make use of 4 GB of RAM in my PC rather than a smaller amount previous to this patch? If so, does the use of more RAM in my PC occur automatically or is there anything I would need to do to implement that (I already have the settings maxed out for the most part).

If it uses more RAM then I'd think there would be a noticeable increase in performance, although it seems to perform well for me already.

From what I've read on the net, the game will now automatically use whatever RAM you have above 2gb by just launching the game. There is nothing you need to do other than have your game patched up to this version.

From what I've read on the net, the game will now automatically use whatever RAM you have above 2gb by just launching the game. There is nothing you need to do other than have your game patched up to this version.

It will cap at 4gb because skyrim is still a 32 bit application

It will cap at 4gb because skyrim is still a 32 bit application

Yes, sorry when I replied I assumed 4gb cap. Some people with 3gb wonder if that will be utilized, that's why I wrote my response the way I did.

If you take a look at the unofficial bug list on Bethesda's forum, at this rate (of bug fixes), I calculate that the game will be fully patched in about 75 years. :p

Large programs never have all their bugs fixed. You prioritize them and fix the serious ones first.

OMFG!?! Still I think it's not a buggy game, at least not crashware. I very much enjoy it. To me it's only annoying if >1 NPCs talk to you at the same time which happens as often as your companion stands in the doorway.

I also hate how everyone in a room will stare at your character, even if they're talking to someone else. I feel like I'm walking around nekkid. Of course, sometimes I am ;)

Large programs never have all their bugs fixed. You prioritize them and fix the serious ones first.

I'm not bashing the game or making fun of Bethesda. I think Skyrim will be a fantastic game to play.

I am holding off though. The one set of bugs I don't wish to have to deal with (at least not too much) are quest breaking bugs. Skyrim seems to have issues there so I'm waiting for that type of stuff to get some loving. I'm a patient gamer. I can wait.

Most of the bugs aren't bad, just sloppy. For example, there's a quest series in Markath where you eventually get thrown into a prison mine. After finishing the entire series, I chanced to revisit the place where I was arrested, and got arrested again. That is simply sloppy work.

I also hate how everyone in a room will stare at your character, even if they're talking to someone else.

No surprise, often when I enter a room kitchenware and other pieces HW start rattling or get thrown about. Even if I'm not born under the Poltergeist star sign.

I feel like I'm walking around nekkid. Of course, sometimes I am ;)

THAT is something I really didn't need to know.... :)

pibbur

Back
Top Bottom