Slam23's General Avatar Discussion

Wow, this should teach me to stay on-topic the next time!
@jaz: lol! I can see where you coming from. Well, Hindu is not quite right, although I can sympathize with a lot of their core concepts. Though they won't like the fact that I eat beef and sometimes other animals too. And I won't allow a cow to block my car anytime soon, too much traffic jams already in Holland :)
Try again!
As I looked closer at bomberman I realized that my first assessment was wrong, or better said, incomplete. Behind that outwardly projected masculine agression (with bombs and all), there is also a sensitive inner femininity expressed in a flawless combination of a white spandex aerobics outfit (very Jane Fonda) with a playful blue body and mandatory accessoire in the form of a goldplated belt. That stance is also more way more supermodel at the end of the catwalk than your typical Cro-Magnon male posturing. And look at all the roundish bodyparts, definitely not masculine :)
If Bomberman wants to talk about it he can come by for a free consult and lie on the sofa. It's probably his parent's fault that he turned out that way, the gender confusion definitely points to a traumatized childhood. That's how we psychologists make a living, first convincing people they have a problem and then charging them for therapy :p

I'm very comfortable in my striped fur ='.'=

At this point i dont think that i could be very comfortable as anything else, i just love Tigers.

I think Jaz's avatar is cute, and different from anything Ive ever seen her don before.

I agree that Jaz's current Avatar is quite different from her usual offerings. Nice change of pace. It's amazing how parenthood can affect you!! :)

Yes, I do remember Jaz's previous avatars, and if she hadn't have changed, I would have to go with Slam23's FIRST assumption! :lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that looked more like "BomberGIRL". :biggrin:

:lol: My animus is strong indeed, to say it with Jung, but I just went for a 'grim is silly' approach this time. Perhaps too many Goths around me in RL. (Corwin: I won't deny that playing games with sonny was another factor - he abolutely loves cute game characters. It was sooo close - might as well have been Kirby...)
There actually are several Bombergirls, but they wear skirts, and I wear skirts almost every day, so white-and-pink spandex is a welcome change.

Okay, Slam, I'll give it another try: Sometimes you wish you were the strong, silent, earthy and helpful type with a secret - the vigilante who's going out at night saving people and who's just the good neighbor by day - , but actually you're quite comfortable with your daily routine of going to work, going to the cafeteria and going back home without anything unusual happening!

As for Corwin's avatar... don't you think a muppet Waldorf or Statler would fit just as well? :p

I have more hair than they do!! :biggrin:

@Jaz: damn, you're good, you saw right through me and my avatar..... :) I can't believe you blew my cover! Now you don't go around telling on Superman too do you? I don't deny that I have a saving-people impulse, that goes a bit with the territory of my profession. No suit with a big "P" on it in my closet though. But I'm stumped how you knew I was having pizza tonight? Only it's being delivered and not brought home from the cafetaria.....

The irony is that I'm not even into psychoanalysis, I like my psychology to be scientific and about brain-behaviour relationships and not about a misogynist and sexually frustrated view of human nature and subconsciousness. But it's a fun game to impersonate a nasty Freudian :)

@Corwin: What are you hiding? :) I distrust men with a lot of facial hair, they hide secrets and don't want you to see the all-knowing smirk on their face.
I associate the name Corwin instantly with Zelazny's world of Amber. But I don't recognize the avatar? What's the story?

I played a pnp rpg based on Amber once, that was awesome fun. I don't know if any of you played this before or even know the books but everybody in the game is one of the princes(ses) of Amber, a city-state that is the actual centre of the known universe with Earth being only one of an endless number of possible realities. The fact that you are of royal blood means that you can command whole army's with your pinkie, travel through spacetime and parallell universes by a kind of warping skill that allows you at the same time to change reality to suit your needs, fight with insane skills and cheat disease and death. In short, you are god. But the other players are too! Goal is to claim the throne and become king in the place of your mysteriously misplaced and possibly very dead father. You wouldn't believe the conspiracies, backstabbing and utter chaos that ensue when the battle begins!
Well enough rambling from me, my pizza is gettin' cold

You hit the spot with the Amber series, but Jaz is responsible for the Avatar!! :)

@Corwin: What are you hiding? :) I distrust men with a lot of facial hair, they hide secrets and don't want you to see the all-knowing smirk on their face.

Corwin is merely hiding his dull look and confused expressions with all that hair, didn't you know that? :lol:

Comparising Gandalf with Corwin ... hmm ... not exactly. I see him more as a young man in RL who has tons of fun imposing as an elderly chap in the forums.

Anyway, my avatar isn't giving away anyhting from my personality as it is neither the opposite nor the match for me.

It's not Gandalf, and I am old!! :)

Now you make me curious. How would you guys read my avatar?
I wonder if what you guys say will amaze me, and if this avatar really fits me

I think you have a terrible secret to tell......something that will change the world! But you can't because somebody put something over your mouth.
Just kiddin' :)
That's look like a tough individual, I don't recognize him though. Maybe it's something from a postnuclear setting? I reckon you like to play warriors or other strong men in your (c)rpg's. Because it is fantasy that may mean that in real life you are not as strong as you like to be, maybe have some differences yet to resolve with the school yard bully? Anyway, your avatar conveys a "tough guy" image to me.
Or is it "Mad Max redecorated his house and forgot to take his dust cap off?" :)

Hehe ... got an avatar just for this thread :p

So, tell me master slam, whaddya fink o' me?

And your avatar reminds me of the Chicago Bulls :|

EDIT - so it is the CB (saw your interests) !

Last edited:
wow you are good :D
the bully part might not be a part of me any more, but have to admit that untill a few years back, that would be very apropriate.
And that of the strong guy, 100% correct I am only 1m70 so i wish i was a bit taller and musculered(although that isn't in a bad shape wiht me, only not yet what i like it to be)

I thought you were an asbestos salesman!! :)

@Khass: you're right about the Chicago Bulls! That took a long time before anybody here recognized it. No big basketball afficianados here probably. I was a devout NBA follower when Michael Jordan was member of the Bulls. Nowadays I have a more passing interest in the NBA, it lost it's appeal to me a bit when he quit. How I came upon this avatar is actually a strange and not that interesting of a story, but I will tell it anyway since you guessed right :). I was in New Zealand a couple of years ago and I think we were in Dunedin when we passed a bar that had this neon sign outside. It was called the "oxen bar" or something like that. I offcourse instantly recognized the Chicago Bull and took a photograph. Sadly we were in a hurry so I didn't go in to ask how this sign came to be. I would have liked to know what the story was behind it. And I think it was not even a sports bar or anything like that. That's all that is to that, no deeper religious meaning although friends have accused me in the past of erecting a Michael Jordan temple in my appartment. If putting up 2 posters of him and having a small cardboard figure on top of the book shelves is enough to call it a temple....they think sports posters is something for teenagers but I think some of them have somewhat of an art quality through the sheer athleticism that is displayed. I have this one for example:
Michael-Jordan-Slam-Dunk-88-Poster.jpg
. I think that is beautiful to look at. I can't do on court what he can, but I can just imagine how that would feel like, floating through air with the greatest of ease. But I'll stop gushing about him right here, lest it grows tiresome :)

About your avatar: it looks like you just read one of Viking_Berserker's more "diplomatic" posts :) Offcourse this is your sensitive inner child, all stressed out by you playing way too much violent FPS and stickin' another big sword in the gut of a helpless RPG monster (who really was a nice person if you would have taken the time to get to know him. Did you know he grew up without his mother? She was killed too by an adventurer like yourself....)

@Corwin: lol! "No really, it doesn't pose a threat to public health, that's just a ruse by our rivals to discredit our industry. And may I say that your new baby's room is coming along quite nice, and now you don't have to worry about fire spreading to it!"

@Titus: now I still don't know where your avatar comes from, it is from a game?

Last edited:
a helpless RPG monster (who really was a nice person if you would have taken the time to get to know him. Did you know he grew up without his mother? She was killed too by an adventurer like yourself....)
This reminds me of a tour of AD&D my cousin put me through back in the mid-eighties... he - the DM - loved vampires, so he made my poor, unsuspecting character a vampire at the first occasion. From that day on, my poor char was busily defending his home from looting adventurers... folks who killed the servants and packed their mules with his carpets and chandeliers while he was watching, incredulous... this experience opened my eyes. Poor monsters.

@titus: I thought your avatar meant that you were a strong and defiant, yet vulnerable person with an open fear of bacteria and viruses ;)...

Back
Top Bottom